Could cycling slow the ageing process? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Will look for info and PM it's written down somewhere :( problem with doing Epley yourself you can do more damage if you don't konow what your doing....This way safe.....they showed me at UCL

Eddie

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Thanks Judgemental.
Can you please send link to your new bike trade mantion at top od this trade?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Becky+Bike.jpg

Say No More. (y)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
ive been looking at e-bikes for a couple of weeks, ill be going to the dealer next week to buy two one for me one for the missus, we have settled on bikes by Volt , theres a dealer not far from us. My knees are starting to play up so im hoping that the bike will help

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Volt not my style as I much prefer centre/ crank drive system bikes.
it's your decision, but a pity you did not test ride something s bit better as a comparison. Whatever you buy, if you want to use in Europe with no potential issues, make sure it is EN15194 compliant and don't take any waffle or excuses if it's not

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes Judgemental, you need to see my face .....
I meant can you please send a link of your new bike thread that you mentioned at the top of this thread. LOL
But I found it, thank you.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Any experience/comments about
AVE TH-7 EDITION BOSCH CRANK DRIVE

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Any experience/comments about
AVE TH-7 EDITION BOSCH CRANK DRIVE

A very nice brand, went into receivership for a while now Company restructured and back.... My wife had the 20 inch wheeled AVE MH7 for a few years, now sold on.

Don't pay to much though!..look on german ebay.de for bargain bosch powered bikes round end of year, October onwards best price to pick up a deal as next years bike come on sale at this time...scan through ebay.de and ads that allow offers,these are the ones to go for..make a cheeky offer you may be surprised! As they have to shift present year stock:D

Edit: OK the ones advertised around for approx £1600? Are the older classic bosch system so probably 2014 model bikes. Fine system, but not latest performance system with more torque. I still have my Haibike 2013 which has it but new bike has latest system. There is an improvement but not a deal breaker. Just when you go to see it just shrug and say ah! But this is the old system?lol

Last edited:
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes they are old model (2013/14), the 2015 £2500. As first Ebikes wouldn't want to spent 2.5K, the earlier year discounted will be good for me.
I tried one yesterday but the Seles personae didn't have much knowledge.

But good to hear from you that a good make.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes they are old model (2013/14), the 2015 £2500. As first Ebikes wouldn't want to spent 2.5K, the earlier year discounted will be good for me.
I tried one yesterday but the Seles personae didn't have much knowledge.

But good to hear from you that a good make.

I think that model also has hub gears I prefer deraileurs but I'm a fussy bugger:)

Found german AVE website, you can see the difference in new models there....

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.ave-bikes.de/&prev=search

Step through models that you seem interested in here:

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...dbox=0&usg=ALkJrhjzHeW0A2_h-P-vnvohsZCsAzrqow

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
ive been looking at e-bikes for a couple of weeks, ill be going to the dealer next week to buy two one for me one for the missus, we have settled on bikes by Volt , theres a dealer not far from us. My knees are starting to play up so im hoping that the bike will help

Proper push bike will do your creaking knees good...electric will make them worse. BUSBY;);)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Proper push bike will do your creaking knees good...electric will make them worse. BUSBY;);)

I had a proper push bike , but lent it to my daughter, it got nicked just after Christmas

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Could cycling slow the ageing process?

I definitely think it would! Left unridden for any length of time, the bearings, chain, and other moving parts may rust. Using the bike regularly will most certainly slow down the aging process!:Smile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
What?lol how have you worked that one out pray tell...
Just going on my own experience. Cycling and walking has greatly improved my mobility over the last 12 years. I was using two walking sticks in 2003. We took up cycling and i have improved so much.Can now cycle 12 to 20 miles including hills easily and have no problem walking 12 miles. Did have left knee replaced 2 years ago which was an old sports injury and this has also helped. If i do not exercise i seize up....Keep on peddaling ,,,BUSBY

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back