Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Does anyone know of this place. Looking for a suitable venue for a Valentines meet. Anyone got any ideas?

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
No, just friendly with a pub that serves food, we've got all the quiet romantic angle covered in the RV! :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Col447

Free Member
Aug 24, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Waiting for delivery !!!!
Exp
3rd M/H
Its a while since I was there, but there was an open fire and good food in the pub!
The site is right on the canal, with flat pitches that were a bit close. There is a rally field but that was overgrown when i was there and I wouldn't like to drive onto it incase I couldn't get off!:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Reviews below from people visiting the site for your info.

The campsite is in a lovely location situated right the canal. Now for the bad points, me hubby and 13 month old granddaughter we were on the non- electric field, before I could pitch my trailer tent I had to pick up dog poo which I wasn't very happy about, so beware this where the dog owners let there dogs poo and don't pick it up, did complain to the owner but he just shrugged his shoulders!
There was also signs saying dogs must be kept on leads at all times this was never upheld the two days I was there, I had to keep shooing a dog away from our uni
There was a private party on while we were there, lots of swearing and screaming, thought there would have been fighting when the party finished but there wasn't.
Think the owner should have a more firmer grip on his campsite and start enforcing the rules he has on the signs around his site, wont go to this campsite again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Review by: Bighthewinner Reviewer's Profile Date of visit: July 2007 Unit used: Motorhome

Joe, the owner very friendly & helpful as was his wife Julie. Found the locals ok. The site was fine but with only 1 loo. The pub grub was great especially Sunday Lunch which was incredible value for money. I would recommend this site to anyone because of the location in a small picturesque village and the pub.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Review by: Parsnip Reviewer's Profile Date of visit: April 2007 Unit used: Touring Caravan

Stayed here having just purchased our first (second hand) caravan. Pitch backed onto the canal which was lovely, and had enough room for the awning and the car at the side. Others on the site (some permanent pitch owners) extremely helpful in helping us work out how certain things on the caravan worked. The owner, Joe, even helped me reverse the caravan into the space for the first time.

Found the local area lovely and scenic. Great for a relaxing walking holiday, if you ask the locals about walks to follow or follow the many routes laid out on maps. One walk to Marbury - about 3 miles - following the South Cheshire Way was a lovely hour walk. The Swan in Marbury offered 2 courses for £5 (not Sunday) and beyond the church in Marbury there was a beautiful view of the Mere (and walk around it to walk off your lunch!), The walk back was straight up the canal.

The site was quiet and people we encountered were friendly. The village shop offered everything that you could need and the canal shop offered some souvenirs of our stay as well as some lovely crafted gifts. The village itself is scenic with a village green and beautiful church.

I believe that there is only one toilet and shower on site, however we have these in our van so it did not affect our stay, and during pub opening hours there is access to their toilets. The water supply was within easy walking distance as was the Elsan. All our queries were answered by the owners who were very helpful and friendly.

We spent a night in the pub on Friday night. The food portions were massive and good value for money - with home made chips! The quiz was good fun, with some banter amongst people in the pub - although we did not win!

They were having a new children's play area erected when I visited so although I do not have children, hopefully this will be an improvement on the previous reviews. The pub garden is large and peaceful and in full sun most of the day which we were lucky enough to experience - in April!.

Overall I enjoyed my visit to this site, the attractions are mainly walking and fishing and the beautiful scenery, but I will definitely visit again - I need to win that pub quiz!

Review by: Torislic Reviewer's Profile Date of visit: September 2006 Unit used: Touring Caravan

I visited this site with my friends and family, we thought the location was great, the owner was very helpful and friendly. Beer and food in the pub was lovely. In fact the only bad thing I have to say about this site is that we went for a quiet drink in the pub and got hassle off the locals, they found it fun to insult us.

Review by: Monty...!!! Reviewer's Profile Date of visit: October 2006 Unit used: Touring Caravan

Returned here to end our season where we started I do like this place and took a fishing rod this time to do a spot of fishing.
All was going great until me and my friend went into the pub saturday evening and was quite a few young lads in there drunk shouting and swearing and our kids had taken some verbal abuse from them wich seemed to stop when we entered I do hope this was a one off the landlord was abroad on holiday and I hope them putting the prices up will mean the toilet and shower facilities will get an upgrade.???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back