Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Good morning all, last week whilst browsing and getting acquainted with the site I saw a mention and link to a site south of Malaga that was recommended for overwintering with a good discount for more than 30 days. I cannot find it now as it was as I recall off topic! Can anyone please recommend any sites in the area that would be worth spending a few months at in winter please. I promise I will try and keep up! :D

mikeman

Free Member
Apr 22, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel kountrylite
Exp
Started in VW Kombi in 1971
The site you are looking for is probably Buena Vista, which is just south of Estepona.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Camping Cabopino, gets good reviews for over wintering. I am led to believe you need to book well ahead as it gets full.

Trevor

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
If your looking for the best weather to over winter in Spain, you want to be in the Benidorm area.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
La Bella Vista would be the one although Cabopino beach is quite entertaining on a Sunday afternoon , well the wife thought so :whistle::cool:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
You don't need to go to the south coast of Spain in the winter for good weather. Head for the Alicante region. Most of the sites open through the winter offer good deals for long stays. Get the ACSI book, if you fancy a bit of touring, and you'll get long term rates for short stopovers. The book will also help identify the sites that are open all year. From what I've seen, of the south coast sites around Malaga, I wouldn't want to stay at any of them. Just my opinion.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
One thing you should be aware of is that most of the better pitches on winter sites will be prebooked and rather than commit yourselves have a look round until you find a campsite that suits you . Take with a pinch of salt reports about the weather being better in one area rather than another , i personally think the Atlantic coast/west can be wetter but the Almeria area although warmer and drier is windy .

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
If your looking for the best weather to over winter in Spain, you want to be in the Benidorm area.
shhhhhhhhh philip we dont want all the riff raff down there :giggle:

OP
OP
Bobndebs McKay

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Thanks everybody for the replies, I have had a look at the ones you have mentioned and made a note of them this time !:whistle: I think the idea of a few days here and there having a look is a good way to go also, thanks for that Wanderer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back