Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
As part of our summer holiday trip I have to take the kids 6 and 10 to a child orientated campsite with pools and ideally by the beach, life is a compromise.

Any recommendations?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The wife says I need a white cane and a guide dog most times.
I get my own back by singing Stevie Wonder songs.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Camping Cabopino. http://www.campingcabopino.com/en

Lots of activities for children, including 2 swimming pools, organised sports and events, and a Childrens only activity salon.

Also a good opportunity to let them mix with kids of all Nationalities.

:cooler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: CJB
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Camping Cabopino. http://www.campingcabopino.com/en

Lots of activities for children, including 2 swimming pools, organised sports and events, and a Childrens only activity salon.

Also a good opportunity to let them mix with kids of all Nationalities.

Problem if you have a motorhome is its not a nice walk to the supermarket along the main road,,,rubbish and dead dogs along the so called footpath. BUSBY.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Costa del sol + Spanish campsite + August weather. !!!
Where is that box of Funster medals., Brave man

LOL...
I shouldn't comment. Were off to Benidorm with our grandkids. !

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
YES.. We had a rally there with over 30 Funster vans.
Small pool, On the beach but very little else for kids... Great site but I dont think it's what you are looking for..
Does it have to be Costa del sol ??. Plus you know It wont be cheap..

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Problem if you have a motorhome is its not a nice walk to the supermarket along the main road,,,rubbish and dead dogs along the so called footpath. BUSBY.

Never seen a dead dog in the 8 years I've been going there.

Shops? 5 minutes on the bus!

I know it's 3rd world Spain, but they do have Buses.

You'll be telling me everyone walks about on the beach starkers next!

OP
OP
CJB

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
YES.. We had a rally there with over 30 Funster vans.
Small pool, On the beach but very little else for kids... Great site but I dont think it's what you are looking for..
Does it have to be Costa del sol ??. Plus you know It wont be cheap..

We are travelling from Santander via Madrid, Grenada so the Costa Del Sol seems like the best bet before we move on to Seville then Portugal.

The wife likes the look of being near the beach, but I thought the kids may get bored as not a lot to do. Plus I will have just dragged them around Madrid and Grenada, so I like to take them somewhere they can have a bit of fun.

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
May I suggest that the Costa Blanca on the way down May be better? We are doing a similar route and are at Almafra at the moment, leaving on the 4th August. We have been amazed by how really good this area is and very very affordable.
We then are planning Murcia area for a few days, Nerja/Malaga, then Seville and into Portugal.
There are plenty of sites in this area, and most appear to have pools etc, also the public transport is cheap and very regular, Tram and Bus. Benidorm has great beaches, Albir has a pebble beach but lots of local stuff and L, Alfas Del Pi is full of proper Spanish shops, Tapaseria and small bars. Just a thought.

OP
OP
CJB

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
May I suggest that the Costa Blanca on the way down May be better? We are doing a similar route and are at Almafra at the moment, leaving on the 4th August. We have been amazed by how really good this area is and very very affordable.
We then are planning Murcia area for a few days, Nerja/Malaga, then Seville and into Portugal.
There are plenty of sites in this area, and most appear to have pools etc, also the public transport is cheap and very regular, Tram and Bus. Benidorm has great beaches, Albir has a pebble beach but lots of local stuff and L, Alfas Del Pi is full of proper Spanish shops, Tapaseria and small bars. Just a thought.

Yes Costa Blanca is very nice, however we are getting the ferry to Santander then driving straight down via Madrid

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Never seen a dead dog in the 8 years I've been going there.

Shops? 5 minutes on the bus!

I know it's 3rd world Spain, but they do have Buses.

You'll be telling me everyone walks about on the beach starkers next!

I stepped over two in the first walk to Lidle. Must have been unlucky..Mind you probably would not have noticed if i was on bus but its only about a mile to Lidle. Nice over the bridge on the beach though,,,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

Will be there for Xmas New year Jan and Feb. We love it there.BUSBY:):):)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
We are travelling from Santander via Madrid, Grenada so the Costa Del Sol seems like the best bet before we move on to Seville then Portugal.

The wife likes the look of being near the beach, but I thought the kids may get bored as not a lot to do. Plus I will have just dragged them around Madrid and Grenada, so I like to take them somewhere they can have a bit of fun.

Once you've left Granada, I guess you'll head down the motorway to the coast at Motril (about an hour's drive) If you then bear right and follow the Motorway (direction Malaga) to Torre del mar the site there (of the same name!) is large, has a pool and a clubhouse, and is very very close to beach and shops/bars etc.
Not stayed there, but had a walk around the site a few months ago when we were there - and bought a villa not too far away!!!

http://www.campingtorredelmar.com/inicio.php

Theres a nother site called El Pino close by, but thats a fair hike from the sea and the life so I'd avoid that one.

Last edited:

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
Why are you going from Santander and heading south ? The basque region and around are for me the most stunning parts of Spain your heading away from some hidden gems .. Just saying

OP
OP
CJB

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Why are you going from Santander and heading south ? The basque region and around are for me the most stunning parts of Spain your heading away from some hidden gems .. Just saying

Yes that is a beautiful part of Spain. However there are some things in Madrid I want to see and also to visit Alhambra is Grenada. Which I believe is one of Spain's must see sites.

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
try Fuengirola camping ,just down the road is a big water park will keep them happy for days + you have the town to shop in,and can walk to them all

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
You will melt in August in Madrid and other than the Bernabeu (if you have football mad boys) which has aircon in parts and the shady bits of Parque Retiro there might not be much for them to enjoy. The Zoo is good. Unless of course your children love museums and shopping of course. I love Madrid and visited quite a lot when my daughter worked there but it would not have suited my three at that age and in that heat. This is not meant as criticism of your plans just trying to be helpful as it is so disappointing when trips are spolit by hot, tired children.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
When we used to take our kids to spain camping I,d use an Alan Rogers guide,before internet and google.Still a popular guide and now a good website also.Never had a bad site .
https://alanrogers.com/camping/spain/beach

OP
OP
CJB

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
try Fuengirola camping ,just down the road is a big water park will keep them happy for days + you have the town to shop in,and can walk to them all

Sadly they don't take dogs and we will have a mutt with us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back