Cost of LPG in UK and France (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Was taken aback yesterday at the difference in price of LPG in the UK and France.

Had to pick up a 6 kg Calor propane bottle (in Essex) as a top up for a week's camping next week, £21.05.

At our home in France we cook on LPG propane, a 13 kg costs vary between 24 - 26 euros in the main, so that's around £20.20 for 13 kg.

That feels like more than varying local costs making such a difference, smacks of profiteering.

Anyone else notice such a large difference?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Calor are rip off merchants with a near monopoly in the UK...

It always gives me real pleasure (against their rules) to fill one of their bottles myself using my beautiful filling nozzle...

I know, I know... I am a bad bad bad boy and I will blow myself up...

JJ :Cool:

PS. the best price I found in the UK was via Country Wide Farmers... a wonderful company with 24 hr gas filling locations (mostly) around the south west...

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Well JJ, that is living dangerously... but what the hell a little bit of danger from time to time makes you re-focus on things around you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I also use Countrywide, which is good value.
My last top-up of 7.43 litres cost £4.73+vat.

Just wish they had more outlets and were really country wide, not just in the west midlands and south.

Oldyamyam

Free Member
May 4, 2012
France
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 1991
Was taken aback yesterday at the difference in price of LPG in the UK and France.

Had to pick up a 6 kg Calor propane bottle (in Essex) as a top up for a week's camping next week, £21.05.

At our home in France we cook on LPG propane, a 13 kg costs vary between 24 - 26 euros in the main, so that's around £20.20 for 13 kg.

That feels like more than varying local costs making such a difference, smacks of profiteering.

Anyone else notice such a large difference?

We also use bottled gas for cooking where we live in France. The SuperU own brand costs us €25.95 but the proprietry prices are all at €29.95 for 13kg bottles.

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back