Cost of flying to Spain!. (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I see you southerners are getting spoiled again.

So-called “cheap flights” have all but disappeared to Alicante from Manchester.

Yes there are some bargains available. We flew in December for £43 return each easyJet -Manchester - Alicante.

But you are looking at around £120-£300 return without extra bags etc at the moment.

London, from £6 each way and up-to 20 flights a day direct to Alicante, even in Winter.

I know it will take time to fill the Monarch & Thomas Cook Gap. Plus the withdrawal of Vueling and Norwegian to Alicante from Manchester.

Just have to wait and see...
E801A9B0-548D-4FDD-8E06-056D8AC23A91.png
EC16D835-8975-4376-9D87-410404E8F2FA.png

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I think it’s cheaper to transport Southerners as all the Northeners get pissed before they fly, pick fights with cabin crew, have sex on board and generally soil the seats.

That's just on the transfer buses from the carpark. What about on-board the 'plane?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Nice to know some things are cheaper in the south. :ROFLMAO:

Ryanair £6 there are limits you know even for a FLT., anyway Gatwick and Easyjet would be cheaper for us, 30m to Gatwick, 100m to Stanstead.
:giggle:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Nice to know some things are cheaper in the south. :ROFLMAO:

Ryanair £6 there are limits you know even for a FLT., anyway Gatwick and Easyjet would be cheaper for us, 30m to Gatwick, 100m to Stanstead.
:giggle:

Much prefer Gatwick. I hate hate Stanstead airport.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
You two who say you will avoid Ryanair live where there are choice of airlines.

If we want to fly to many plaes in Europe from either Katowice or Krakow we often have only a choce of one airline, which is Ryanair on some routes, e.g. Manchester. The alternative is to fly, or drive to Warsaw.

We do know how to play Ryanair at their own game, so only take hand luggage and our own picnic, so except for a couple of wines we only pay the basic on-line fare.

On any journey I cost out the door-to-door cost including ground transport; Stansted and Luton flghts might be cheaper than Gatwick but when going to our MH parking in Kent the ground transport cost often decides it for us. Trev for you there is probably a bus to Ringway ;) :giggle:

Geoff

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
Ryanair may not have the most passenger friendly business practices, but they’ve opened up loads of routes which wouldn’t otherwise exist. In my experience they’re fairly reliable and don’t habitually overbook like many airlines. You might not fully approve, but you know what you’re getting when you book and, if you play by their rules, it’s all fairly straightforward.
Don’t know much about south -v- north ticket differences, but golden rule is always book early. Subscribe and book on the day tickets are released will generally deliver some good deals. I regularly use Easyjet and Ryanair and rate them highly. Things have gone wrong quite a few times for reasons outside of their control (fog, strikes, motorway closures) and they’ve always dealt with it quickly, efficiently and fairly. Wouldn’t get the same treatment with BA.
However, airport car park charges are another matter, don’t get me started on that one! My nearest airport Exeter is a complete rip-off and Bristol not better at £3 just to stop and offload passenger luggage in under 10mins!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
You two who say you will avoid Ryanair live where there are choice of airlines.

If we want to fly to many plaes in Europe from either Katowice or Krakow we often have only a choce of one airline, which is Ryanair on some routes, e.g. Manchester. The alternative is to fly, or drive to Warsaw.

We do know how to play Ryanair at their own game, so only take hand luggage and our own picnic, so except for a couple of wines we only pay the basic on-line fare.

On any journey I cost out the door-to-door cost including ground transport; Stansted and Luton flghts might be cheaper than Gatwick but when going to our MH parking in Kent the ground transport cost often decides it for us. Trev for you there is probably a bus to Ringway ;) :giggle:

Geoff

Ryanair may not have the most passenger friendly business practices, but they’ve opened up loads of routes which wouldn’t otherwise exist. In my experience they’re fairly reliable and don’t habitually overbook like many airlines. You might not fully approve, but you know what you’re getting when you book and, if you play by their rules, it’s all fairly straightforward.
Don’t know much about south -v- north ticket differences, but golden rule is always book early. Subscribe and book on the day tickets are released will generally deliver some good deals. I regularly use Easyjet and Ryanair and rate them highly. Things have gone wrong quite a few times for reasons outside of their control (fog, strikes, motorway closures) and they’ve always dealt with it quickly, efficiently and fairly. Wouldn’t get the same treatment with BA.
However, airport car park charges are another matter, don’t get me started on that one! My nearest airport Exeter is a complete rip-off and Bristol not better at £3 just to stop and offload passenger luggage in under 10mins!

Maybe if you had my experiences with Ryanair over the last couple of years, you may understand a bit better.

Its very long winded. But, I did choose to fly my Family back from Valencia in Spain as it was much cheaper for them (more hassle for me). If I were paying, It would have been another carrier via Alicante.

I despise that O'leary too!.

I don't mind travelling to Liverpool or Leeds, even further afield if thee costs and times are ok.

I have Lots of Avios points too. But BA only Fly Direct in Summer on a Saturday from Manchester to Alicante.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back