Cost of Diesel (1 Viewer)

S

stagman

Deleted User
Tesco just put their Diesel price up to £1.16p a ltr down our way.What are the various prices around the country.:cry:

Y

Yogi

Deleted User
112.9 per litre @ Shell

YogiBear

Aberdeen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Oh my, that's a big ouch!

Diesel is 54p/litre at our local Safeway supermarket, and we're complaining. FWIW here's a Link Removed at Flying J truck stops across the U.S. The table is continually updated. Prices are in $US per US gallon, so divide by 2 for pounds, and 1 US gallon = 3.785 litres.

If you click the Choose province link, you can view prices in Canada. They'll be in $CDN per litre.

What are you paying for LPG?

Last edited by a moderator:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi i am afaid its only going to get worse it went up 2p in one day at work last week ... how do i know? i deliver it:winky: some kind off armed guard needed soon:RollEyes:

ray

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Can it be used in all Diesels?

Can I use Biodiesel?

The answer to this question is YES you can.
IF IT RUNS ON DIESEL IT RUNS BETTER ON BIODIESEL!!
Any diesel vehicle or diesel engine can run using biodiesel and NO modification is required to modern day cars, vans or trucks (you can also use biodiesel in boats, boilers, generators and heaters).
Biodiesel will prolong the life of your engine as it is very lubricious and even used in very low mix percentages it can reduce engine wear substantially.
The transition is seamless; you simply use biodiesel as a replacement or in addition to your standard fuel. It can be used in its pure form (B100) or blended with fossil diesel in any percentage.
The price you pay includes the applicable excise duty and VAT so you can also rest assured you are driving perfectly legally.
There are a couple of points to note.
Biodiesel is very good at cleaning your engine and removing the build up of resins and deposits that have built up with standard diesel usage so you may notice a reduction in performance after driving 200 miles or so this is because the biodiesel will have dissolved the resins and deposits in your fuel tank and fuel pipes and deposited these in your fuel filter, all you need do is change your filter (a very minor and inexpensive job) and you can now run on biodiesel for ever more.
If your vehicle is very old i.e. over 13 years old and your fuel pipes are made of rubber you will need to change these to modern polythene pipes to avoid the rubber breaking down with the biodiesel use (all modern diesel vehicles have polythene pipes fitted as standard).
If you revert to normal diesel use and then back to biodiesel you may need to change your fuel filter again.

OP
OP
S

stagman

Deleted User
Is there a website listing where I can fill up with bio diesel,:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.