Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Thinking of doing the above early next year,possibly sailing from Marsailles to Corsica anybody any experience / advice?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I was lucky enough to spend five weeks on Sardinia several year ago. I was involved with the launch of a new car.

The island was chosen because of its very quiet roads and the powers to be got a section of them closed off so people good drive the car flat out with out risk of a ticket.

A beautiful island with loads of places to "off-site" park but I don't know about the campsites. Whether it is the same today I don't really know but I bet the interior is.

I was told they had something like 14 different variations of language on the island and there were still "blood feuds" happening from time to time which went back for a hundred years. :Eeek:

I have a feeling there has been a thread here somewhere on Sardinia.

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
In the absence of other replies ..... i went over to Corsica with my family in the late 80's roughly in April time. We were in a trailer tent and found a number of open campsites , the island is most agreeable with good quick roads especially on the east coast. Relatively high mountains (8-9000 ') in the middle and quite tortuous but very scenic roads in the north and west of the island. Memories are quite faded but we all remember the holiday with fondness , from the very south of the island you could clearly see Sardinia. To sum up assuming it is anything like then you will enjoy Corsica - sorry forgot prices they were approx. 10% higher than mainland France

Alan

OP
OP
hdvrod

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Thanks for the replies,I have done quite a bit of research,and there are lots of sites on both Islands.My main concern is ferries,you can get to Corsica from a number of places and I have been looking up prices etc,most ferry lines wont sites wont let you price up next years prices but this years seem to be around 500 euros each way from marseilles for 2 people with cabins,this is for 24ft MH with 9ft trailer,but there are a number of companies and it is difficult to tell which ferry will accommodate a MH and which is just cars,hoped someone might have been fairly recently to give me some ideas.Thought we would try these 2 Islands as a change from France Spain and Portugal:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back