Corona Virus, Great Escape. Med. Spain to Green Spain (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We didn't bother getting the bikes out today. It was damp and misty. Instead we dug out the waterproofs and went for a walk.

Our overnight parking ended up being the "overflow" field. It only took one car, playing music in the late afternoon, to make us decide to move a couple of hundred metres away. I'm sure on a sunny Sunday in "high season"!!! the field will be full as there's a lovely beach, shady picnic tables and a restaurant, but last night we were two, and a few parked down on the turning circle on the road! We'll be back there again tonight, but for now were back on the "pier" so Martin can fish.

Last night's spot

DSCN4292.JPG

And seen from our walk.

DSCN4284.JPG

Our walk started on, what would gave been the final part of the bike ride. Soft sand, and further on a rocky re-entrant that I'd have been pushing through. I'm so glad we walked.

DSCN4270.JPG
DSCN4271.JPG
DSCN4276.JPG
DSCN4291.JPG
DSCN4290.JPG

Back at the van, had an aperitif, shower next and then lunch. I'm using some of Martin's bait (my King Prawns!!) for lunch 👍

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The forecast rain arrived during the night, but, contrary to all forecasts, it didn't continue throughout the day. As a preemptive move against possibly being stuck in a grassy field, Martin moved the van back to his fishing parking before I'd had my mug of tea!! The rain stopped. Martin went fishing. He SAW many big fish but .... none for our pan or barbie.

We stopped to shop and service the van at Ponteceso and then stayed inland to visit (and stay as it turns out) a municipal camperstop at the small village of Berdeogas, just some kilometres north east of Fisterra (where our trip really started, all those weeks ago)

The village is a "flowery village" and the camperstop is as well.

DSCN4296.JPG
DSCN4294.JPG
DSCN4293.JPG

The forecast, staying as accurate as possible, is giving a good day tomorrow. So bikes out! We have a waterfall and some balancing stones to search out.

Whether we do them both on the same trip, only time will tell 👍. And a waterfall should be at its best after rain 🤔

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Tomorrow's forecast.

View attachment 415126

Can anyone tell me the difference between a 30% chance of zero precipitation and a 4% chance of zero precipitation 🤔🤔🤔😂
Yes, One is heavier than the other & lasts longer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
All is not pretty in flowery city.

Jet wash at 3.00 is not nice!!! The water spray in the flower bed next to us started up at 3.00 and continued round and round for about 30 minutes, hitting the side of our van and then the side of the van next to us. It wasn't just a gentle spray either.

Martin's been out to take a look this morning and some of the other sprinklers have rocks on top of them. I wonder why 😂.

Anyway, we'll possibly not be staying here another night. We'll bike to see the balancing stones and then make a decision for tonight.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
All is not pretty in flowery city.

Jet wash at 3.00 is not nice!!! The water spray in the flower bed next to us started up at 3.00 and continued round and round for about 30 minutes, hitting the side of our van and then the side of the van next to us. It wasn't just a gentle spray either.

Martin's been out to take a look this morning and some of the other sprinklers have rocks on top of them. I wonder why 😂.

Anyway, we'll possibly not be staying here another night. We'll bike to see the balancing stones and then make a decision for tonight.

if you go back there tonight you now know where the sprinklers are, just have a rock handy before you retire for the night..(y);)

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We eventually made it to the balancing rocks "Pedra Cabelgada" after Google maps changing our route numerous times on the way. I'm not sure if its Google or user error!!! We had an "interesting" ride back when the tarmac road turned into gravel. Not a problem on our bikes but anyone on road bikes would have found it difficult. We only had car/walking or cycle route as a choice so we expected it would be good for any type of bike 🤔.

Checking the route as it crossed with the Camino de Santiago as it continues it's way to Muxia and Fisterra.

DSCN4298.JPG

DSCN4302.JPG

Screenshot_20200813-140751_Photos.jpg

DSCN4305.JPG

One we took for Anthea and sent in real time 😊
IMG_20200813_114931.jpg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We eventually made it to the balancing rocks "Pedra Cabelgada" after Google maps changing our route numerous times on the way. I'm not sure if its Google or user error!!! We had an "interesting" ride back when the tarmac road turned into gravel. Not a problem on our bikes but anyone on road bikes would have found it difficult. We only had car/walking or cycle route as a choice so we expected it would be good for any type of bike 🤔.

Checking the route as it crossed with the Camino de Santiago as it continues it's way to Muxia and Fisterra.

View attachment 415322

View attachment 415324
View attachment 415325
View attachment 415326

One we took for Anthea and sent in real time 😊
View attachment 415327
Great pics
Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We ARE staying in the flowery gardens for another night. We HAVE moved to the side where the Spanish guy who told us about the water had parked. He said it was OK there. We can sit and watch the other poor people parking up next to the water sprays. We can't warn everyone, can we???

It's a holiday weekend this coming weekend in Spain so we need to find somewhere quiet for the next few nights.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You're having a good explore of inland Galicia, I've only really seen the coast. Have you seen many vineyards or are they further south - Rias Baixos area?

Edit: Google has the answer, although I haven't looked them up on the map yet.

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Haha 😂😂😂 last nights plans went awry when the force of the sprinklers lifted the, carefully placed, rocks off and they then continued (for 25 minutes) to spray us with water. Not as bad as the previous night because they were further away, but ....

Martin got out of bed when this started, to reinforce the protection for the next line. He did get wet in the making of the reinforcements 😂

My washing up bowl, topped by a heavy water container, did the trick. No water hit us but for 25 minutes we could hear the water going round and round in its prison.

A lovely place has been spoilt by the water. Not only for waking people up, but also for getting some motorhomes bogged down on the sodden ground.

Anyway, we used the service point and left.

For a touristic drive around the coast taking in the Ezaro waterfall.

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
You're having a good explore of inland Galicia, I've only really seen the coast. Have you seen many vineyards or are they further south - Rias Baixos area?

Edit: Google has the answer, although I haven't looked them up on the map yet.

We haven't gone too far inland yet because it was hotter there than on the coast. Temperatures seem to be reducing slightly now so inland is on our hitlist.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
whatever you do
Don’t show Martin this

Light and airy on the inside
Crispy and crunchy on the outside

Just sayin

View attachment 415543

Seen it....cannot keep anything hidden from me kind sir.... any photos of the no so perfect ones.....🤔🤭🤭

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Today’s bread has almost as many holes in it as your failed fishing trip excuses

View attachment 415561
Very nearly hit the Report button and let Jim know the stress that comments like that are causing me....I never say nasty things about the way you..**** or the way you *******. OK...being a perfect bread maker makes you perfect....but being a perfect fisherman make me a liar..😆,
Keep making good bread and I will keep trying to catch fish...one day we will join forces and eat the best meal possible...washed down with the best Spanish plonk we can afford...Some folk?
🇪🇸😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
After a stock up at Mercadona at the road junction of Fisterra and Cee. Handy to know. We decided to drive the coastal route to check our the Ezaro Waterfalls, as recommended by our good friend Paco in July, but once we'd already passed them by 🤔.

Maybe a holiday weekend isn't the best time to visit but the guy on the road junction pointed us in the direction of a good parking space from where we could walk 1km to the waterfalls.

We passed a house built under a boulder and a skeletal boat 😥. It's always sad to see boats/ships being neglected, I don't know why? We're glad we did it, and everyone, and the system, was obeying the Covid rules. But we're now glad to be in a quiet spot some 25 kilometres further east.

We have a lovely parking area (so far) but I'll reserve judgement until tomorrow morning 👍😊

No water points have been spotted, but who can account for any boom boom boom?

By the way we're at A Serra de Outes 👍 just north of Noia and west of Santiago de Compostela.

DSCN4311.JPG
DSCN4307.JPG
DSCN4310.JPG
DSCN4313.JPG
DSCN4315.JPG
DSCN4316.JPG
DSCN4317.JPG
DSCN4319.JPG
DSCN4320.JPG
DSCN4326~2.JPG

And, again, another one sent to Anthea M live from the action!
IMG_20200814_115544.jpg

Now...
IMG_20200814_151252.jpg

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
With your hab door open like that in the last image Judith, I thought you had squeezed in tight between two trees for shade :giggle: (y)

We may have done early on in the trip, but today's (and recent days) haven't necessitated such actions 👍

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Well long time, no posts.

Weather in the west too wet, further south too hot, so we've headed east(ish). Where, today at least, it's just right.

Last night we parked at a motorhome area at A Rúa. When we approached we realised we'd been there before, and, on further searching it appears it could behave been around 2014. All was going quietly, u til around 9 PM we noticed a big screen being erected. Martin's quisitiveness found out that it was a drive in movie, due to start at 10.30. Sound was to be heard on telephones 🙄. A quick search around on our apps didn't find us anywhere decent within striking distance, so we decided to bite the bullet, and stay put.

We heard zilch!!!

This morning everything had gone!!!

Quiet Spanish, a new phenomenon 😂😂😂

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Anyway, from our just right (today) parking (purpose built motorhome parking with full services, including leccy) we went for a walk.

Had a nice walk, picked some blackberries! It's looking very autumnal up here. Lots of elderberries and haw berries, apples and plums.

The parking is at the village of Pobladura de las Regueras, and seems to be known (in these parts at least) for trail biking. We're parked next to a trail bike centre where we are being entertained by little tots riding their tiny bikes up and down the slopes. More disappointing to us, were the tracks being forged through the forests and down the rock slopes as seen on our walk. But ... income comes from wherever to these tiny villages.

DSCN4330.JPG
DSCN4332.JPG
DSCN4335.JPG
DSCN4338.JPG
WipeOut01_16_2020_050120.068000.jpg

And then we had these.

All the gear, no idea.

20200816_173921.jpg

Poor people. They pulled up next to us wearing all their fancy gear. Got the bikes off the trailer and "his" bike wouldn't start. They didn't ask for help from any of the many "experts" around, but eventually he took "her" bike for a ride and she went for a walk.

They've left now. I hope they get his bike sorted for next weekend.

We have rain forecast, even here, for tomorrow. We can't believe we're in Spain, in August!

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Our stroll around the village yesterday evening was just managed before the rain started. Some of the kids were still out on their bikes practicing after everyone else had gone home.

We had an exceptionally quiet night even through the parking is alongside the road.

DSCN4344.JPG
DSCN4346.JPG
DSCN4347.JPG
DSCN4348.JPG
DSCN4353.JPG

After much discussion and bouncing our options around, we've decided to stay up in the León area of Spain, sit out the rain (that we've had all day and will possibly have tomorrow as well) and then spend the next week or so wandering in the southern part of the Picos de Europa and around Cistierna.

We spent the afternoon at the motorhome parking at Boñar, but we were under trees and next to a fast flowing river, neither good in heavy rain, so we've driven another 10km or so further and have parked up next to the Embalse de Porma. We've just had a pause in the rain so I've been out with the camera. It would be a stunning view in good weather.

DSCN4363.JPG

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Yet another wet day. Tomorrow sun is promised! We had a tourist drive through the misty mountains, on a road that needs a bit of attention, and down to Riaño. The town is a new town, built in the 1980s whe the old one was flooded to build the reservoir. There should be nice views across the water, but not at the moment.

We had lunch out! Very socially distanced and all the other diners were families with young kids so it felt OK. We were amazed at the amount of food one of the kids on the next table to us put away, and he was a skinny kid of about 9 years.

Some photos taken whilst travelling and a few of the reservoir this afternoon before we were chased back inside with another downpour. Peak Gilbo just appearing in the mist.

IMG_20200818_095349~2.jpg
IMG_20200818_103031~2.jpg
IMG_20200818_103110~2.jpg
DSCN4382.JPG
DSCN4384.JPG

We're parked 100 metres from the restaurant in an official "parking"

IMG_20200818_150632.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!