Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
@Cliffdale
Were down to Pentewan 6th August we go every year
If the ship is your local we must of met
We visit this part of Cornwall at least twice a year once on the site then again just outside of trewoon just past the pyramid
Is Andy back at the ship for good and also what date is pentfest this year

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Minack Theatre is well worth a visit, so is Kynance Cove, Pendennis Point and the Lizard are also some of my favourite places.

I didn't find Eden value for money nor the Lost Gardens

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Yes I know this thread is two years old but this year we stayed at Heligan Woods Campsite in the Off season. It cost, remarkably next to nothing (about £10 with electric).

Anyway, whilst there we took advantage of the local bus services hence the reason for this post.

The Lost Garden of Heleigan has a free car park and the local bus goes into the car park to pick up and drop passengers,.
Far be it for me to suggest that Funsters could park in Heligan and catch the bus to nearby Mevagissey:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi there's a car park right on the beach at Long Rock Penzance £1 for 24 hrs & a brilliant car boot sale at Rosudgeon cricket ground on Wednesdays happy travels Rod

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its possible to sneak an odd night at the start of the river fal on tre goss moors . lovely area .

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
@Cliffedale If I get chance that would be nice we will be with the cc leics group ......never been with them before so don't think i will know anybody. I am however taking the diplomatic option (cus that works best) and letting my daughter say when and where we go .......certainly for the first few days anyway. I am not a newbie but doubt I can educate you regarding motorhomeing, I have not done much touring and not been abroad..... YET! Lots of help on here of course.

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Oops spelt your name wrong @Cliffdale that's why it didn't highlight your name. Also smilies not working for me again .....don't know what i am doing wrong !

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
Were off to Cornwall on Thursday for 5 days

Dont know where we are going to stop though just going to drive down the Motorway until we can turn of onto a coastal road

(y)
Hi Rob, I live mid way between St.Agnes and Perranporth, the weather has been good, there are lots of holiday makers but schools haven't broken up yet so it's not as bad as it can be. The Haven holiday park in Perran was absolutely heaving when I walked the dog on the Towans this afternoon. The Toll gate camp, just outside Perranporth, which is very popular, appeared to have pitches for touring vans. Have a nice trip we're being promised a scorcher for next week but they often get it wrong lol.

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
The soothsayers are right - Cornwall is like a beautiful girl waiting to welcome you, but she can also become a siren waiting to ensnare even a medium sized motorhome. Pretty soon you'll have lush vegetation poking through each side window as the reasonable sized lane you drove down turns into something only fit for a pony.....
A NT card will give you free access to miles of parking both cliff-top and beach access, not to mention some beautiful historical houses and the like.
Unfortunately living here I don't tend to camp much so can't give you any wild-camping tips aside from Bodmin Moor which is literally crawling with free camping spots, especially popular with smaller vans at the moment. Just watch out for the beast which is still being seen from time to time, oh and the coven of witches high up on the moor on moonless nights!
The weather has been fantastic the last few days, lots of foreign plates about especially German and Dutch. Watch out for the A30 as it's been jam packed on the single lane sections recently. Perhaps keep off it at peak times, use the B roads.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
goss moor . plus at tre goss you can see the start of the river fall. .
just about anywhere in land away from the sea you can park.
truro down by the river .
there really is loads of places but you do have to move inland.
but i hope you stood and delivered up by the border with devon . we are considering bringing back the highway man .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back