Cornwall sites. carlyon bay Nr St. Austell (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
visited late September 2014. Lovely site. huge pitches. Warm welcome. "park which way you like" good shop small but all essentials. Very good facilities washrooms etc. Swimming pool (heated) launderette £3 wash £1.50 dry. Covered area with pool table and table tennis tables and chairs. A bistro style cafe prices looked reasonable although not open when we were there. I understand they also have entertainment in season but not sure what. They purposely have no bar so as not to attract the "wrong types" their words not mine.Tesco 5 min drive.
Footpath to beach. Yes there is but give yourself a good 1/2 hour and parts are quite steep. It took me 10 minutes just to get to the park entrance! If you are the walking type you can follow the cliff path to charlestown (about 3 miles) we drove and there is 2 good car parks there.
All in all a cracking site, reasonably priced and I would imagine a lovely place for the kids in the holidays. Definately one I would return to.

OP
OP
cranky
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Also consider Doubletrees Caravan Park just up the road in St Blazey Gate. £16 a night for 2 people with EHU. Same price all year. Open all year. Great facilities, friendly family run site. Free wi-fi in reception area. Bus stop outside gate for services to Eden Project, St Austell and Newquay. Good pub down the road with good food. :)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Also consider Doubletrees Caravan Park just up the road in St Blazey Gate. £16 a night for 2 people with EHU. Same price all year. Open all year. Great facilities, friendly family run site. Free wi-fi in reception area. Bus stop outside gate for services to Eden Project, St Austell and Newquay. Good pub down the road with good food. :)

Hi , When we stayed there some years ago , the owner ( an old guy) asked if would mind waiting 10 mins while he mowed our pitch ( no prob) he then returned later with a couple of eggs for our breakfast ( Free) he aldso offered if we wanted to go to the Eden project not far away, he would kennel our dog as he had the facilities. Now that's what I call SERVICE.
Terry FIDGET

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi , When we stayed there some years ago , the owner ( an old guy) asked if would mind waiting 10 mins while he mowed our pitch ( no prob) he then returned later with a couple of eggs for our breakfast ( Free) he aldso offered if we wanted to go to the Eden project not far away, he would kennel our dog as he had the facilities. Now that's what I call SERVICE.
Terry FIDGET

Doesn't surprise me Terry. Dennis is lovely! His daughter, Sue, is running the site now but Dennis is still wandering around a lot and helping. They are a lovely family.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back