Cornwall and or Devon. (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
Iā€™m a newbie
Hi guys
i would like to find a site or few thats within walking distance of a dog friendly beach and walking distance of pubs. Can anyone help.
karen.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We used this one for 15 years, The Gwythian we have used as well and that is within crawling distance of the pub and beach.

This one https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...d_Camping_Site-Holywell_Cornwall_England.html is walking distance to pubs and beaches.

You are dog walking distance to the north end of Perranporth beach, Holywell, Polly Joke and Crantock beaches (Couple of mile as crow flies across common land and round old army land)

Pubs "were" really quite good. The Treguth is typical cornish stone pub with outside area down near the beach, Sumugglers is relatively famous and really good meals, The anvil in cubert was always a good meal with chippy next door as well and the Bowgie inn is relatively famous and you can overnight in the van here overlooking Crantock Beach and it is possible to catch the boat for 50p across the gunnel and walk into Newquay.

Better to have your own on board facilities for staying at this site though, but really quite pleasant away from when the schoolkids are there (like every other site)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Don't know when you want to come but many beaches are NOT dog friendly (Don't have one, can't advise.)

However, the site Janine has given is full from 25th July to 26th August. The beach there IS dog friendly OUTSIDE OF July and August.

There is a good site next door to Gwithian Farm just in case you can come down outside of July/August.

OP
OP
Belledog
Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
Iā€™m a newbie
Hi guys
thats brilliant. We are very flexible with no kids. I will take a look now.
thank you

OP
OP
Belledog
Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
Iā€™m a newbie
We have booked in June for 10 days. Thanks everyone, it looks perfect.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
You could try Magic Cove but you'll be very lucky to get a booking as they get snapped a year in advance!

The beach -
1614337715559.png

The beach from the pub -
1614337738261.png

The site is a couple of hundred yards up the road.

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
We have also booked Gwithian Farm for seven nights in May (y)
Didnt plan to stay that long in one place but tried to book others to tie in a trip but they were booked up! And I really can't be bothered to spend too much time on it!!

Seems like there are plenty of walks from the site so shouldn't be a problem. Although does anybody know if its possible to hire a car that allows dogs?

Thanks

OP
OP
Belledog
Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
Iā€™m a newbie
We have also booked Gwithian Farm for seven nights in May (y)
Didnt plan to stay that long in one place but tried to book others to tie in a trip but they were booked up! And I really can't be bothered to spend too much time on it!!

Seems like there are plenty of walks from the site so shouldn't be a problem. Although does anybody know if its possible to hire a car that allows dogs?

Thanks
I have hired a car that takes dogs. There seems to be a few in Cornwall that are not new but in good condition, which I think itā€™s better with dogs. Costing Ā£250 all in for a week. Just google car hire st ives. Let me know if you want more info

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
I have hired a car that takes dogs. There seems to be a few in Cornwall that are not new but in good condition, which I think itā€™s better with dogs. Costing Ā£250 all in for a week. Just google car hire st ives. Let me know if you want more info
Thanks very much will check it out(y)(y)

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
All booked thanks for the heads up as you said Ā£250 for the week. šŸ‘

Clive Mott

Funster
Nov 12, 2012
New Milton
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 1972
We camp at Ourgate and the beach and the new forest are both within walking or cycling distance. The pub on the way that has a carvery every day is the Wheatsheaf at old Milton. Permanent hookup and plumbing No wheels but a hosereel.. A runaround for further ventures sits alongside.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Porth beach campsite . nice site across the road from beach and headland walk near Newquay. bit expensive in season , best in september as they have a couple of Temporary holiday meets ( providing you are members of Camping & Caravan club)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Porth beach campsite . nice site across the road from beach and headland walk near Newquay. bit expensive in season , best in september as they have a couple of Temporary holiday meets ( providing you are members of Camping & Caravan club)

Going there in April, courtesy of a Rally (oops?) Temporary Campsite.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
0m
We used this one for 15 years, The Gwythian we have used as well and that is within crawling distance of the pub and beach.

This one https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...d_Camping_Site-Holywell_Cornwall_England.html is walking distance to pubs and beaches.

You are dog walking distance to the north end of Perranporth beach, Holywell, Polly Joke and Crantock beaches (Couple of mile as crow flies across common land and round old army land)

Pubs "were" really quite good. The Treguth is typical cornish stone pub with outside area down near the beach, Sumugglers is relatively famous and really good meals, The anvil in cubert was always a good meal with chippy next door as well and the Bowgie inn is relatively famous and you can overnight in the van here overlooking Crantock Beach and it is possible to catch the boat for 50p across the gunnel and walk into Newquay.

Better to have your own on board facilities for staying at this site though, but really quite pleasant away from when the schoolkids are there (like every other site)
You could try Magic Cove but you'll be very lucky to get a booking as they get snapped a year in advance!

The beach -
View attachment 469115

The beach from the pub -
View attachment 469116

The site is a couple of hundred yards up the road.
Where in Cornwall is Magic Cove please.

Mar 6, 2018
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Feb 2018
Hi guys
i would like to find a site or few thats within walking distance of a dog friendly beach and walking distance of pubs. Can anyone help.
karen.
Porth Beach Touring Park on outskirts of Newquay, Cornwall. Dogs allowed early morning and after 6pm

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Sorry, Iā€™ve just been informed by the tourist info centre that Cornwall is until November now officially...

full....

šŸ˜†

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Beach closed for dogs may - September šŸ‘

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Parkdean Holidays, Ruda, Croyde Burrows.

Easy beach access but closed for dogs in summer.

But the walk out to Baggy Point is lovely, leads required, for dog safety.

Behind the dunes and part of Ruda there are some very large enclosed grass fields.

I think dogs are welcome there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back