cornish pasties,ice creams, cream teas and broken mirrors (1 Viewer)

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
just been to cornwall for the week, stayed at Perranporth which you can't beat on a hot sunny day, had plenty of cornish pasties, cornish ice creams and cream teas, also stayed on tintagel carpark for a night at £3.50
good job really as on the way to the eden project i heard a bang and somebody ,don't know who or what took my drivers side mirror off and didn't stop
just the casing and bottom mirror broken but surprise surprise you cannot just buy the back casing, new mirror is going to be approx £230 :cry:
parked at perrenporth carpark for the day on friday and guess what
four more motorhomes with the same type of mirror all in a row all broken
one guy said it happened on the thursday, guess what so did mine, it was hit by a landrover who didn,t stop,made me feel a bit better that i wasn't the only one
so be carefull out there
i am thinking of setting up a stall in the carpark selling wing mirrors, should do a roaring trade everyday all summer long and get a sun tan at the same time
ps anyone know of any cheap r/h drivers heated long armed mirrors going cheap let me know, can it pass a mot if i tape up the casing and replace the glass
love cornwall hate the drivers

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
I had one mirror broken in Wales by a car transporter trailer on my side of the road on a bend. After that I put some strips of yellow reflective tape on both mirrors and it makes the van seem wider than it is, so others keep further away.
Many town buses have this and you really notice their mirrors.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Try this web site for replacement mirrors.

Link Removed

Haven't used them myself but them do come highly recommended:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
just the casing and bottom mirror broken but surprise surprise you cannot just buy the back casing, new mirror is going to be approx £230 :cry:

I suspect yours is an X/250 in which case the following won't help, but it may just be useful for others. Good source for replacement duacto mirrors (including electric and long arm) at:

http://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=s...&secondary=66&opts=121&btnViewProducts=Search

I've only had mine hit once - by another motorhome in Sowerby Bridge :Sad:. Driver wasn't looking where she was going - I could see that from well before the impact - but at least she had the grace to admit it. My mirror survived with minor scratches, but it destroyed the glass on the other. (Good job really, I could buy 4 of yours at £230 for the quoted price of mine! :whatthe:).

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
.... guess what
four more motorhomes with the same type of mirror all in a row all broken
one guy said it happened on the thursday, guess what so did mine, it was hit by a landrover who didn,t stop,.....

hmmm .. all sounds a bit suspicious .. maybe a local who doesn't like motorhomes ..

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
www.gsfcarparts.com

£42.50 for twin mirror
£35.00 for single

I don't think it was anything personal - summer is always a nightmare for wing mirrors. Losts of tourists down, and not all used to narrow lanes! Some of the Range Rovers sit across the white line, like they are driving a lorry!:ROFLMAO:

Glad you enjoyed perran - would have said Hi if i knew you were there. You should have stayed at Gnome world....you would have felt at er.. gnome there!:Doh: Couldn't resist!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back