Corelle dinner stuff Argos offer (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I think I might ask father christmas for a corelle set as he never knows what to get me and I am sure I am worth it!
He's not supposed to know! That's the great thing about Father Christmas - he's the one person where you are expected to write & tell him exactly what you want.

I'm sure you're worth it, but have you been good? ;) :whistle:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Corelle do make mugs. You can buy them in the USA (my daughter over there has some). However it seems that they are not sold over here for some reason.
According to their web site they are all stoneware or porcelain though, not the same material as the plates and dishes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We were in Florida in the summer and. Top of my list was corelle dinner setv$29 worked out about £17 :) one if their new designs as well. It included stoneware mugs which i think are really nice. The colour matches the interior :)

One of the plates chipped and i contacted corelle uk. They are replacing the plate :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Argos have an offer on, 25 % off until tuesday, some people think its really good because of the weight. I am thinking of getting a set for our motorhome. We are trading in our autosleeper symbol for an ih 630rl but dont get it until march. Is there any advantage in getting square rather than round?
Hope someone finds this useful.

Thanks for that.
We were planning on getting some more crockery for our new PVC .
I'll send Ralph in to Argos tomorrow , to get some , before we head off to Brugge.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
You can also use discount code HOME20 to get an extra 20% off.

The following are £29.59 after discount and code:

Blue/Green: Broken Link Removed
Geometric: Broken Link Removed
Multicoloured: Broken Link Removed
Blue: Broken Link Removed
Plain: Broken Link Removed

Thankyou very much for that!
You've saved us another tenner!
Though it took ages , and several attempt to buy it online :rofl:
Free delivery too, so it saves having to go and pick it up.
We owe you a drink if ever we meet up.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have had Luminarc before but having got a Corelle set, I would certainly recommend the latter.

They don't discolour, can go in the oven and are robust. I accept the mugs are stoneware, but in the larger scheme of things their weight is minor.

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Yippee, Father Christmas says yes, ordered online, thanks Addie for the extra code. Checked with the kitchencraft website who I think are the people who do the shows and the discount is a really good deal.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
My sister bought me a Corelle set as a 'van warming' pressure when I got my new MH. I love it, even the stoneware mugs. The plates etc take up very little space and I like the large mugs which travel in a Muggi holder bought from one of the shows. 12 months on no breakages - touch wood!!

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I have just bought some in the China court in Benidorm.

Lovely plates. Not too heavy, fine white classy looking and beautiful.

Bought some for home as well as the old man keeps breaking them when washing up.:)
The same as these ones on Amazon

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Square "Splendor" arrived today, very pleased (y) Thanks to "Addie" and the discount, at a price that made them worth considering, shall keep the melamines to pass on with the van when the notion takes us. :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Oh yes I forgot about this, ours arrived on Monday too. As said earlier , I too don't rate the chunky cups, bit cheap , but the bowls and plates are ok.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have some Luminarc smoked glass plates which we use at home and have had them for yonks! In the van, however, we have some good quality melamine crockery set which we got from an old chap many moons ago who'd never used them - they're about 40 years old I think! The set consists of 64 pieces in total: 32 pieces of crockery (8 place settings = mugs, side plates, dinner plates and bowls) plus 32 pieces of cutlery (knives, forks desert spoons and teaspoons). We use 4 bowls and 4 of each size of plates which have a squarish shape so fit well in our locker, but we don't use the mugs as I prefer a 'solid' mug so we use some 'vintage' Pyrex ones, the clear glass type with plastic removable outers, which can double up as glasses too and also being glass keep the tea warmer; we don't use the cutlery either (it's brilliant quality though) as we prefer 'proper' stuff.

We did try 'normal' type plates but found that in a MH they aren't ideal as they soon cool food down (I warm plates at home) so have stuck with the melamine ones ... just don't try to put them under the grill (hubby did this many moons ago with another set trying to keep some bacon warm under the grill ... it made some 'interesting' modern art!).

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Use the corelle noodle bowls for brekkies they are much bigger keeps me going till lunchtime anyway.:drink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back