Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Hi - can anybody help? :Doh:

I'm probably missing something simple but I've been trying to copy music from my computer to a CD using Windows Media Player. The music copies to the CD and I can play it on the computer but it won't play on the CD player in the car or the house. In the car the CD just ejects itself - in the house it appears to play, counter moves on, but there's no sound.

I imagine that the CD players don't recognise the file type. How do I change this?

Thanks in anticipation. :Smile:

Gill

M

mattsims

Deleted User
You need to be burning an audio cd - Windows media player shoudl display Audio CD to the right of the screen if thats what its burning. I use itunes - free download from apple.com. Much better in my opinion and runs perfectly on a pc. The only thing to change in the settings of itunes is the file type when ripping a cd - change it from AIFF type to mp3 - the songs are then much smaller and not copyright protected. Hope this helps.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
That's ok if the car stereo is one of the later types that'll play .mp3 files.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

mattsims

Deleted User
Yes set it to burn audio disc. This is what Windows Media player is not doing for you. Or buy an ipod and a little transmitter to your radio!!!! Thats all we do powered off the 12v connector. Its sooo easy and we never have to change a cd!

saxon

Free Member
May 22, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4th year
Have to agree - ipod so much better than carrying CD's around - more space for more music and use a transmitter through radio - perfect.! Itunes, therefore is definitely the best for copying.
If you don't ask, you don't learn.
I ask - I learn......!
:thumb::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Have to agree - ipod so much better than carrying CD's around - more space for more music and use a transmitter through radio - perfect.! Itunes, therefore is definitely the best for copying.
If you don't ask, you don't learn.
I ask - I learn......!
:thumb::thumb:

I also use the iPod with the radio but with a cable connection .. if your thinking on upgrading your radio it's well worth getting one with this facility as you can then control the iPod direct from the head unit, the ipod is hidden under the dash and only comes out if I'm adding more music..

Alpine Model CDE 9850 R1

Review here
Link Removed

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
hi - can anybody help? :doh:

I'm probably missing something simple but i've been trying to copy music from my computer to a cd using windows media player. The music copies to the cd and i can play it on the computer but it won't play on the cd player in the car or the house. In the car the cd just ejects itself - in the house it appears to play, counter moves on, but there's no sound.

I imagine that the cd players don't recognise the file type. How do i change this?

Thanks in anticipation. :smile:

Gill

snap!!!!!!!!!!!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
OK so I don't waste my money what should I be buying (I LPod MP3?) bearing in mind i dont want old hat straight away?

OP
OP
algill

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks

Thanks for the help everyone :Smile:

I knew several brains would be better than one :RollEyes:

Gill

maxitai

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
LINCOLNSHIRE
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT
Exp
23 YEARS
Cd burning

I burn discs lots of times on my media player on the computer and as long as they are 78 minutes long in content , never have any problems playing in our cars and motorhome.
Without being insulting, are you using the right format discs?

OP
OP
algill

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
hi Gill,

i take it you've fixed the problem ?

if not the CD may need FINALISING for it to work on anything but a PC/lappy.

Yes it worked great thanks, on both the home cd player and in the car. Used itunes.

Now I just need a week off to sort out all my music - make playlists of my favourite tracks (what a great idea). :thumb:

Gill

OP
OP
algill

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
I burn discs lots of times on my media player on the computer and as long as they are 78 minutes long in content , never have any problems playing in our cars and motorhome.
Without being insulting, are you using the right format discs?

Using CD-R discs.

Does that mean with media player they have to be exactly 78 minutes long?

Don't worry about insults - I asked the question. Anyway they just bounce off. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back