Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I can pair the tablet via Bluetooth to the radio but get no sound, has anyone managed to get the spoken directions to play through the van speakers ?

If my iPad is being used as the music source (Bluetooth or cable USB) then the co-pilot silences the music and speaks over the top, so Yes.

Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
If my iPad is being used as the music source (Bluetooth or cable USB) then the co-pilot silences the music and speaks over the top, so Yes.

I'm guessing that your radio is different to the Delphi unit fitted in ours, but I'll try my ipad to see if it works (no GPS in my ipad but OK for testing the connection) thanks for the help
Chris

B980E77D-B7DD-4BB2-A2C2-77375C9A9D0A.jpeg

Last edited:

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I also have an iPad/Copilot/Kenwood working properly with Bluetooth; playing music and silencing for instructions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Not sure if the op wasn't just trying to get the copilot audio out via Bluetooth on it's own. It'd probably work if the tablet was playing music at the same time - but I read it as his issue was it wouldn't output just the copilot audio.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
If my radio/sat nav/cd player/is playing anything except tunes from the iPad then it doesn't speak the co-pilot commands over the top.

If I am playing my stored tunes over the unit via bluetooth then it does give me instructions whilst lowering the volume of tunes.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Can you upgrade the CoPilot Premium to the CoPilot Caravan version or has it to be a new purchase/installation?

From their web site I can see that the "free" GPS version can be upgraded to Premium and that the RV (Caravan) version can be upgrades to Truck, but nothing on Premium to Caravan

TIA

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can you upgrade the CoPilot Premium to the CoPilot Caravan version or has it to be a new purchase/installation?

From their web site I can see that the "free" GPS version can be upgraded to Premium and that the RV (Caravan) version can be upgrades to Truck, but nothing on Premium to Caravan

TIA

Sorry no, I asked them if it possible to change and you can’t, so I’m staying with the one I’ve got.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
I've decided to buy Copilot Caravan in addition to the Car Navigation app. I also decided to install a new larger SD card so I've been doing this most of the day as I had to reinstall all maps, poi's and favourites!
One question:
Is it possible to show poi's such as aires on the map view along a planned route?

May 10, 2016
Norwich
Funster No
MH
CI Mizar gtl living
Does CoPilot accept coordinates as well as addresses/post codes? I was just about to press 'buy' on a Chinese camper nav unit but I think this may be the better option for 3 weeks in France. Cheers. Mike.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Any ideas how to get the actual speed to show on the screen (caravan)?

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Any ideas how to get the actual speed to show on the screen (caravan)?
When in the map display tap on the ‘info bar’ at bottom of screen and you can select what is shown in both the left and right side of the display ie. distance, time to destination, altitude, speed etc.

Richard.

May 10, 2016
Norwich
Funster No
MH
CI Mizar gtl living
Anyone know how to get CoPilot to talk? I’ve set the voice but she seems a bit shy about actually giving directions.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Anyone know how to get CoPilot to talk? I’ve set the voice but she seems a bit shy about actually giving directions.

Having clicked on the voice you want have you then clicked on "download" to download the voice you want ?

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
When in the map display tap on the ‘info bar’ at bottom of screen and you can select what is shown in both the left and right side of the display ie. distance, time to destination, altitude, speed etc.

Richard.
That works in map view only, as soon as I start navigation the road speed symbol disappears.

May 10, 2016
Norwich
Funster No
MH
CI Mizar gtl living
Hi. It’s the paid for version of Caravan and I’ve downloaded all the voices. It talks when I press ‘test’ but not when I’m driving so I’m a little stumped

Viv Danks

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2017
Portskewett
Funster No
MH
Escape 684 & T6.1
Exp
Campervan since 2015 onwards - MH 2017-21
Used copilot ofr 2 years - no issues - I use it on a table in my Motorhome fits nicely in the Fiat holder on my Swift and teather it to my phone for live updates.

Rockbyter

Free Member
Jun 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Not a motor home but car and caravan, in dimensions for caravan should I put the length of the complete outfit or just the caravan?

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I tried to use to pilot to get to Cornwall on my iPad, but it couldn’t position, tethered to my phone (no data on my iPad). I’m going to try again using the Mifi, unless anyone knows anything I don’t?

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I didn't think WiFi only iPad's have GPS built into them which may be your problem.

You’re quite right. I tethered it to my phone, though, thinking it could use that. Does co-pilot know the difference between real WiFi and phone hotspots? I’ve never come across anything else that worked differently. Annoyingly, my Co pilot free trial will be over before I start the Mifi, so if it won’t work on that, I don’t want to shell out for it!

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
You’re quite right. I tethered it to my phone, though, thinking it could use that. Does co-pilot know the difference between real WiFi and phone hotspots? I’ve never come across anything else that worked differently. Annoyingly, my Co pilot free trial will be over before I start the Mifi, so if it won’t work on that, I don’t want to shell out for it!

So which device is Copilot loaded onto, your phone or your iPad.

MiFi devices do not have built in GPS so I do not see your line of thinking here, I'm I missing something ?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
All map apps need GPS data to work properly, If your iPad does not have GPS it will not work effectively. Tethering provides mobile data but sadly does not pass on position data. I use an iPad that has a sim slot and GPS but do not install a sim card, I tether it to my phone for map/traffic updates but it gets the position information from it’s own GPS.

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Ah, I think I am assuming that positioning data can be accessed via data, but it cannot? Copilot is loaded onto my iPad (no data or gps afaik) which has mobile data by being tethered to my phone. Copilot can identify it’s location when the iPad is connected to home WiFi, but not when tethered to my my phone. Which still leaves me none the wiser as to if it will work on Mifi!

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
To use Copilot on an iPad with no SIM/GPS, one option is to use a Garmin GPS receiver that sends position date to the iPad over Bluetooth. We have been using it this way for a few years and it works fine.

The Garmin receiver makes a big hole in your wallet though...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back