LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2018
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class - Rapido
Exp
Hi,
I'm running an Ipad on IOS and just upgraded the caravan app and the replacement is totally useless. I previously had the car app and those old settings have been restored, favourites / recents etc. Lost all my favourites from a recent 5 week trip away that I had stored in the caravan app. Also there is no option to have a motorhome profile and the road options are very limited.
I've raised a support call in the vain hope they'll do something about it.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi,
I'm running an Ipad on IOS and just upgraded the caravan app and the replacement is totally useless. I previously had the car app and those old settings have been restored, favourites / recents etc. Lost all my favourites from a recent 5 week trip away that I had stored in the caravan app. Also there is no option to have a motorhome profile and the road options are very limited.
I've raised a support call in the vain hope they'll do something about it.
When I upgraded it backed up all old settings favourites etc and then they were all there including the same custom vehicle option.

Martin

Mike and Ann

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2018
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class - Rapido
Exp
Guess I'm just unlucky. I'll see what support have to say.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I agree, I think maybe Copilot are losing the plot, the update to the new version does seem as good to me. I was surprised for them to give me a redeem code so I could down load the Caravan version when it’s no longer supported.
I think I’m going to buy a Xgody Satnav when I get back in Uk.

Mike and Ann

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2018
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class - Rapido
Exp
As I work in IT... if it don't work, switch it off then switch it back on again!
I deleted the app, re-installed and, hey presto!

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
See my previous posts.
I updated from the Caravan Europe App to the new one and everything updated, favourites, maps etc. plus ability to set dimensions for several vehicles.

Richard.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Well my Copilot caravan worked fine until the last map upgrade when it deleated the old maps and the gave the message error downloading maps, Copilot support seem to thing unistalling removing old folders will cure everything, we'll it doesn't tried many times same error, after much messaging I got this ticket answer today.

Hi Steve,

You need to install CoPilot GPS app from Google play store and activate "as existing" user with your CoPilot ID. Then, Go to My account to restore licenses in order to have The RV profile updated in the App. This is the new consolidation app that brings all the vehicle profile in one contain App.

Please note that the RV premium app you are downloading has been retired from our support.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
Rachid
CoPilot Consumer Support

So it seems they no longer support the caravan version, however the new version does not allow me to enter vehicle parameters, and the camp sites are missing from the pre installed poi's.
I managed to get the old version going by copying the EU maps folder over from the new Copilot Gps over to the Copilot Caravan folder so it's working OK now and might be the way to get new maps into the caravan version now they have stopped supporting it.

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
So it seems they no longer support the caravan version, however the new version does not allow me to enter vehicle parameters, and the camp sites are missing from the pre installed poi's.
All of those are present on the new CoPilot GPS app that I have downloaded onto my iPad.
There are vehicle profiles for Car, Caravan, Motorcycle, Bicycle and Walking. In the Caravan Dimensions you can set Height, Width, Length and Total Weight.
The POI's include Camping Sites.

Don't know if the Google version is any different to the IOS one but can't imagine that it is.

Richard.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
I have the Android version that Copilot support assured me is the current replacement for the Caravan version and it has no option to install the dimensions and no campsite poi's I am waiting for Copilot support to come back to me with a answer.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I downloaded the new app but it said it was a 1 year free trial, so I deleted it. I get the impression that I am being ripped off, the expensive Caravan app I paid for is not being supported and I will be expected to pay an annual fee for the replacement one. Have I got this right? I never thought the original was worth the money so have no intention of giving them any more.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I downloaded the new app but it said it was a 1 year free trial, so I deleted it. I get the impression that I am being ripped off, the expensive Caravan app I paid for is not being supported and I will be expected to pay an annual fee for the replacement one. Have I got this right? I never thought the original was worth the money so have no intention of giving them any more.

I did the same, but in my account was the option to reapply previous purchases and it sorted it (y)

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
After being told to remove and reinstall about 10 times, Copilot have now come back with this.
Hi Steve,
Thank you for contacting CoPilot Consumer Support.
Did you download the GPS app and restore licenses by going to My Account? If you did and you still encounter the same issue, Please be aware that we have put on hold the release of the consolidation App on hold because some customers are experiencing issues.
We would let you know when we release the fix. So, don't worry, it is going to be very soon.

Regards,

Rachid
CoPilot Consumer Support

Seems the app they told me to download as a replacment for the Caravan app is not quite ready.

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi all has anyone got CoPilot to work on a iPad and iPhone with the new RV Caravan setting, having had the old version (motorhome setting now removed). I have tried and better tried but the iPad says NO.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi all has anyone got CoPilot to work on a iPad and iPhone with the new RV Caravan setting, having had the old version (motorhome setting now removed). I have tried and better tried but the iPad says NO.
I got it to work..... on both and used it, but cannot remember quite how. Had to download the new app and then log in and reconfigure it all and download maps. I had a bit of trouble at first because it would only give me my USA maps

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Seems to be working perfectly on my iPad.
Mind you, I haven't actually used it to navigate anywhere yet but I have plotted a route ready for our trip to Derbyshire next week.
I also plotted a couple of local routes to check if the new app took notice of the dimensions of the motorhome and routed differently to a car. Fortunately it did.
As far as I can tell the new app works OK on IOS.

Richard.

Macs

Free Member
Feb 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi everybody.
Seem to me co-pilot are getting above them selves regarding customer, and more concerned about turn you over to make a buck. This is after all is an update and according to the original sale all updates are supposed to be free !.
I like other user didnt think that much of the product but had it as a backup satnav.
But i sure not going ti give them anymore of my money.

Heres the standard reply they seem to ne posting out to most people. Ive seen it posted on here a few times already.

Thank you for contacting CoPilot Consumer Support.

The RV/Caravan profile that was previously available in Auto and Truck apps was limited in its functionality and not designed to take into consideration dimensions for weight, width or length when calculating a route.

Feedback from users of this profile led us to create the CoPilot RV/Caravan app which provides RV/Caravan safe routing by permitting users to enter dimensions for their vehicle and obtain appropriate routing to avoid low bridges, narrow roads, and weight restricted roads.

Our latest CoPilot GPS update for iOS (Android following soon) benefits from a redesigned user experience that makes it possible for all types of vehicle navigation to be supported from a single app including our fully featured RV/Caravan navigation.

At CoPilot we believe that offering both a limited RV/Caravan profile as a fully featured profile in a single app would cause confusi on for our users, and therefore the decision was made to remove the limited RV/Caravan profile from existing Auto and Truck profiles.

We encourage users of RVs/Caravans to explore the benefits of our fully featured RV/Caravan profile via a free 14-day trial in the CoPilot GPS app. (Creation of a new CoPilot ID will be required in order to do so)

Regards,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back