Coolant (1 Viewer)

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Can anyone tell me the capacity of the cooling system in the 2.5D Boxer engine please?
Thanks in advance,
Deuce

OP
OP
DeuceBG
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thanks but I can't seem to find anything conclusive and the Hand Book is useless.
Just have to keep looking.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DeuceBG
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Why do you want to know anyway?

I have a very slight weep from the Heater Core I think as it smells strange and mists up the screen slightly.
I wanted to know how much K-Seal to put into the system to seal it.

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ah, I see, you must view radiator sealants as a "get you out of jail" measure, they tend to restrict flow. Much better to get a proper repair done rather than risk damage at a more inconvenient time.
Cal

Swiftroy1

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Boxer 2.5D

I have had the same problem recently and having no success using a leak-stopper, I explored replacing the heater matrix myself but decided to get a garage to do a replacement. The cost was approximately £350 inclusive. It would seem that to gain access to the area, the lower dash and gear linkage had to be removed.

There's quite a bit of useful information here

http://www.ourwanderer.org/peug2.htm#HEATER MATRIX

Although it's a 1.9D, the principals are the same.

OP
OP
DeuceBG
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I have had the same problem recently and having no success using a leak-stopper, I explored replacing the heater matrix myself but decided to get a garage to do a replacement. The cost was approximately £350 inclusive. It would seem that to gain access to the area, the lower dash and gear linkage had to be removed.

There's quite a bit of useful information here

http://www.ourwanderer.org/peug2.htm#HEATER MATRIX

Although it's a 1.9D, the principals are the same.
That's less than I thought it would cost to be honest.

OP
OP
DeuceBG
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Ah, I see, you must view radiator sealants as a "get you out of jail" measure, they tend to restrict flow. Much better to get a proper repair done rather than risk damage at a more inconvenient time.
Cal
On the contrary, having just had my current work contract end somewhat abruptly I view it as an "All I can afford to do at this moment in time" measure!

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Between £35 - £85 for a new matrix. If you are ok with spanners, then give yourself a couple of hours, couple of skinned knuckles and a breath or two of that blue air stuff, and you will be permanently fixed with no nasty bursts at the wrong moment......and don't forget, being trapped in a recovery truck with a wife returning from an aborted holiday is never a good idea!::bigsmile:

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
On the contrary, having just had my current work contract end somewhat abruptly I view it as an "All I can afford to do at this moment in time" measure!

Now THAT I understand.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back