LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Has anyone on here got any first hand experience of these units?

https://www.coolmycamper.com

We cannot decide to get a roof top unit fitted, go for one of these or get a portable free standing one.

For the odd occasion we have to use an aircon unit the roof top ones are an eye watering expense. However, the portable ones are always going to need to be stored somewhere. First world problems I know, but one we would like to solve.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
The blurb on their own website does caution about being realistic in your expectations :cautious:.

My concern would be the convenience - its nearly 20kg and I'd be concerned about the manoeuvring of two tethered boxes & the fragility of the umbilical cord.

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
:Smile::Smile:It's still not cheap though, is it!! I've just watched the videos and it seems deafening! You may not be too popular with your neighbours if you used it on a site! :Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
700 watts of cooling is very modest their test results highlight the importance of keeping the van shaded to avoid heat build up.
Will only be any good on EHU and it will make a noise outside. Not ideal neighbours
Me I’d keep my money and avoid very warm conditions

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
We have thought about the problem and have decided on a fan solution using a maxxfan. Seems a good compromise but only time will tell.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
700 watts of cooling is very modest their test results highlight the importance of keeping the van shaded to avoid heat build up.
Will only be any good on EHU and it will make a noise outside. Not ideal neighbours
700w modest! The aircon In my house only uses 900w.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
:Smile::Smile:It's still not cheap though, is it!! I've just watched the videos and it seems deafening! You may not be too popular with your neighbours if you used it on a site! :Smile::Smile:
Yet according to their blurb its quieter than a dishwasher in another room.

One unit 54db, the other part 45db.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The blurb on their own website does caution about being realistic in your expectations :cautious:.

My concern would be the convenience - its nearly 20kg and I'd be concerned about the manoeuvring of two tethered boxes & the fragility of the umbilical cord.
They're only tethered when it's in place.
One unit is fitted then the second.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
They're only tethered when it's in place.
One unit is fitted then the second.
No - read the website.
The two units are permanently tethered.

"This is a refrigerant air conditioning unit. The umbilical cord between the two units contains 3 lines for refrigerant, two 230v flexible cables and a discharge tube for condensate. Disconnection of these components cannot be undertaken by the end user as refrigerant gas will be released and this will present a danger to the user and the environment"

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Unfortunately the Tour de France does not avoid the very warm conditions, which is when we want it for, as well as a possible return to Greece next year. If it is hot enough to need aircon we are happy to pay for a site ,so that's not a problem. We had the Dometic Freshwell in the last van but do not have any lockers big enough in this van, or room in the garage. Payload is not a problem but keeping out little doggy cool while we cycle or go out for a short time is.

We have a Fantastic Vent and an endless breeze, but these are not enough for the dog or us, in mid July in the Alps.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Unfortunately the Tour de France does not avoid the very warm conditions, which is when we want it for, as well as a possible return to Greece next year. If it is hot enough to need aircon we are happy to pay for a site ,so that's not a problem. We had the Dometic Freshwell in the last van but do not have any lockers big enough in this van, or room in the garage. Payload is not a problem but keeping out little doggy cool while we cycle or go out for a short time is.

We have a Fantastic Vent and an endless breeze, but these are not enough for the dog or us, in mid July in the Alps.

Now you've said that it'll be freezing and/or wet.

Kiss of death :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@Armytwowheels
Are you coming to PBoro at the weekend...?
They apparently have a demo unit at their offices at Essendine Stamford which you could check out.

My thoughts are that this won't chill as much as a full sized aircon unit but it will chill the air at least a little... and along with your other fans, it could be sufficient - but only you can decide that.
The dehumidifing effect will also help

Jan 31, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
CI Cipro 85
Exp
im a newbie
Hi, yes we have a coolmy camper, only works on hu. Two brackets are fitted through a window, one perferbably near a seat or table. The filter unit is outside the with the second part inside. There is a 3 speed control inside, the fan outside and is quite noisy. So you have to park discreetly.
It keeps the m/h cool but we do not run it at night unless we are on a corner pitch. I made a temporary noise reducing blanking system which reduced this noise.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Save your money...

Had them on 5th wheels - RV`s and even a Eurovan...

Noisy as hell and eat elemtrickery... you could never sleep with one on unless you wore ear defenders...

Better of with one of them Fan things...

And have money over to buy me a few bottles of Chardonay for this information.. (y)

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, yes we have a coolmy camper, only works on hu. Two brackets are fitted through a window, one perferbably near a seat or table. The filter unit is outside the with the second part inside. There is a 3 speed control inside, the fan outside and is quite noisy. So you have to park discreetly.
It keeps the m/h cool but we do not run it at night unless we are on a corner pitch. I made a temporary noise reducing blanking system which reduced this noise.
Thanks, that's great information, really appreciate it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back