Cooking with a Remoska question. (1 Viewer)

DibbyC

Free Member
Mar 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
I have just purchased a Remoska. Can anyone tell me if you can cook items diectly into the pan or do you need to place the food in foil tins. Was thinking if I cooked a stew for example do I have to
put it in a dish inside the oven.

Solution
No need for a dish inside oven if you keep stirring at regular intervals, do meat first to brown, then add onions, then carrots and all the other veg. You could use a Pyrex type dish with lid to bake it in, not so much attention needed then.
Warming large meat pies, or 2 Ginsters Cornish Pasties, large Sausage Rolls and the like, or any pastry inc ,Yorkshire Puddings, I make a tin foil circular lid or a "Cartouche" as its known, place on top of the pastry to warm up pies, if you dont they will burn and be blackened, so I just give them the desired time, remove foil 2 minutes before the end to brown off the pastry.
Good Luck, if in doubt about food catching just use the Cartouche method.
LES
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
No need for a dish inside oven if you keep stirring at regular intervals, do meat first to brown, then add onions, then carrots and all the other veg. You could use a Pyrex type dish with lid to bake it in, not so much attention needed then.
Warming large meat pies, or 2 Ginsters Cornish Pasties, large Sausage Rolls and the like, or any pastry inc ,Yorkshire Puddings, I make a tin foil circular lid or a "Cartouche" as its known, place on top of the pastry to warm up pies, if you dont they will burn and be blackened, so I just give them the desired time, remove foil 2 minutes before the end to brown off the pastry.
Good Luck, if in doubt about food catching just use the Cartouche method.
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Solution
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’m probably wrong but the Ramoska isn’t ideal for stews, I thought they would need a slow cooker, but then I don’t know I only eat them

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Worth getting a sheet of silicone and cut it to fit in the base of the pan, it will protect it from scratches if you use metal utensils.
stews and casseroles can be cooked in it but will take longer
Curries too .😙

Upvote 0

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I think you can cook nearly anything on it. There is a facebook page for remoska cooking and the people on there bake cakes and bread yorkshire puds do roasts anything really.
Maybe we should start a thread up on here.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I think we did have a Remoska Thread running a couple of years back,I will have a looksee, but nothing wrong with a new one, might even get some new recipes, as the ones in the original book were a bit weird at times.
Best Jacket Potato cooking method I know of. (y)
LES

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
there is one, here it is
I think there are a few more in the search facility also.
Good Luck.
LES

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We’ve got this to put in ours, protects to surface.
<Broken link removed>

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Used Remoska again tonight, still experimenting for when we are away.
Warmed up a large Chicken & Ham pie (Sainsburys) tin foil "Cartouche" placed on top of pie, then parboiled potatoes, carrots, & parsnips rolled in olive oil/herbs then placed on top of foil cartouche, another layer of foil Cartouche to stop things sticking to lid/element....30 mins cook time, then 5 minutes with top foil cartouche removed just to finish of veg.....job done(y) Served with a large portion of frozen peas cooked separately, knob of butter, salt & pepper.
Last night
Baked potato's large 3 off, spiked with fork, cooked for 1 hour, turning half way.
Remove spuds, cut in half, with the aid of silicon gloves, mash spud halves with a knob of butter, place pre- cooked bacon bits/lardons/Chorizo/Pepperoni or similar smoked meats on top, plus grated cheese, cheddar or my fav Gruyere, place back in Remoska, lid on, 3/5 minutes until melted and browned, silicon gloves back on, full attention needed hereo_O Place first couple of halves on plate give to wife😇, get second on the go, wait for another 3/5 mins, the serve up, sit down, blow hard as you like, but still burn your mouth as you cannot wait, well you simply cant, can you?
Enjoy, Bloody marvellous every time.(y):cheers:
LES

Upvote 0

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Elaine makes muffins and 'full sized' cakes [sponges etc] in the Remoska. They are lovely, easy to make [and eat] and, mindful of the weight delivery fairy who's been on double shifts since lockdown, can be made with a much reduced sugar content without tasting like recycled cardboard.

Steve

Upvote 0

rahpos

Free Member
Jun 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Use a caravan
there is one, here it is
I think there are a few more in the search facility also.
Good Luck.
LES
HHi, thanks, I do have a lot of Remoska recipes, but would love some more new ones -likethe bread pudding which started me off on this trek! Thanks again, am checking that out.

By the way, if anyone sees this and is interested, I have a spare coy of the Remoska Recipe book from lakeland, anyone's for the postage.

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I think you can cook nearly anything on it. There is a facebook page for remoska cooking and the people on there bake cakes and bread yorkshire puds do roasts anything really.
Maybe we should start a thread up on here.
Thanks for this - I was looking for the site on facebook the other week, but couldn't find it.

Have requested to join the group and been admitted within a few minutes! (y)

We're big Remoska fans - use one all the time at home and have another in the van. :giggle:

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We cook all sorts in ours, Janie made a nice date and walnut cake the other day. 🙂

20210611_131807.jpg
20210611_132139.jpg

Just to keep me in trim, 😄 he says just come back from the WOK absolutely stuffed 😉 going to try and swim now. 🤞 Bob.

Upvote 0

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Wasn’t sure which Remoska thread to post this on. Just made cinnamon swirls in the Remoska in the van.
They were the JusRol ready made ones. You just cut the roll of dough into 6, put them into a cold Remoska and cook for about 15-20 minutes. Take them out, cool, I used the trivit, put some icing on (comes in the pack) Great with a cup of tea on this wet and miserable afternoon.
I knew about the JusRol ready made pastry but not these. I found out from watching a you tube van lifer! (Yes I know some people hate them) Apparently they also do pain au chocolate, and croissants. True they are a convenience food with lots of additives, but for a once in a while treat in the van ….. You can’t freeze the pack, just keep in fridge until use. Mine had about a 5 week shelf life.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back