Cooker wanted (1 Viewer)

M

Mayurua

Deleted User
I Hear some people like to put euro ovens in there rvs because they just cant get on with the american ones i have a magic chef model in mine but it has seen plenty of use and looks a bit knackered if anyone has changed theres and is thinking of selling theres i would be interested

Cheers
Dave

OP
OP
M

Mayurua

Deleted User
Thanks for the link Jim
I didn,t make it clear my mistake i don't want a euro cooker i want another american preferably magic chef or any same size so i can just do a straight changover

Sorry for confusion
thanks
Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I want a stainless steel 4 burner like I had in my Ford Delta B class................it was lush! :)

Boo

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Replacement American cookers are easily obtainable but expensive due to cost of shipping (size & weight) and the current exchange rate.

Modern day ones only have 3 burners these days Boo.

OP
OP
M

Mayurua

Deleted User
I Was kind of hoping that one of the people who couldn't get on with the american cookers and had or were thinking of changing to a euro might be thinking of selling

Dave

Mar 30, 2009
Funster No
I know I'm replying to a post thats a wee bit old... but better late than never is what I was tought.

I know of quite a few people that have replaced their American cooker with a Stoves cooker, to be precise the model is known as a 500 DIT T3 in stainless steel.

These cookers fit in the space of most american cookers, they are of a high quality build and come with full flame failure device and a glass lid. Depending on how low or if you have any cupboards above your cooker, the glass lid may have to be modified to make it removable. But this does give added work surface if you are able to use it.

If you call Stoves and ask for your local dealer they will help you out, or buy from a local narrowboat chandlers as they may come in cheaper.

Another point to bare in mind, although you may prefer your american cooker, if parts fail on a Stoves cooker, most of the parts are only 1 days post away where as American cooker could leave you without cooking facilities for a week or two, should it break down.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
I know I'm replying to a post thats a wee bit old... but better late than never is what I was tought.

These cookers fit in the space of most american cookers, they are of a high quality build and come with full flame failure device and a glass lid. Depending on how low or if you have any cupboards above your cooker, the glass lid may have to be modified to make it removable. But this does give added work surface if you are able to use it.

Sorry to argue my friend, but I'm afraid that the Stoves 500 DIT most definately does NOT fit into the same spacd as a Magic Chef. Believe me, I've done it!::bigsmile:
From memory, the width of the Stoves is about 20mm less and it's depth (front to back of the work surface) is about 150mm greater than the Magic Chef so there's a fair chunk to be cut out of the work top.

Still WELL worth doing IMHO::bigsmile:

edit = mine came from Lime Kiln Marina in the Midlands and at approx £300, was MILES cheaper than any caravan/motorhome/RV supplier I could find at the time.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2009
Funster No
"These cookers fit in the space of most american cookers.."

I did say they fit most, not all cookers, :winky:

As you say though, well worth the bother.

Please note to those looking to get one for £300... Stoves have put their prices up twice in the last 6 months, by 7% both times... so finding one for £300 will be very very hard.

Zaskar, you proved my point, narrowboat chandlers seemed to be miles cheaper than motorhome/caravan suppliers. Often friendlier too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back