Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Just spent a few days away only to discover the first time we tried to use the cooker that the electronic igniter wasn't sparking. No problem as we just used a match but I obviously want to fix it and I know it was working the last time we went out about a month ago. All the other igniters for the grill, rings etc are working fine.

Apart from sticking my head in the oven (aided by a helpful push by she who must be obeyed) I haven't done anything yet. Can anyone offer me any advice on how this thing comes out and where I might get a new one? Any help would be massively appreciated.

Many thanks, Jerry.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Perhaps a bit of burnt food.. (Not insinuating your misses burns owt.. ;):D)

Has dropped down and is lodged in the igniter..

Worth a look,,,, or perhaps a wire come adrift.. (y)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I just had the same problem. Just fixed it. Take the screws out of the burners, not as easy as it sounds, (I had to use WD40) and clean the crud from underneath of all the burners. Replace and Hey presto, it all worked again. PS I had to use new screws.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
So it's just the oven igniter that isn't working ... ?

as the igniter unit is common to all burners.. Same advice as Mo.., just bit of crud or loose wire

also bear in mind.. the oven burner won't ignite with the oven door closed.. there is a safety interlock switch on the door that could be stuck ..

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Check it's getting to "earth" as it needs to "spark" to light the gas. Just like a spark plug in a petrol engine.

OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Thanks Paul, you were on the right lines with the spark plug analogy. The gap was too big and I closed it and hey presto, it works! Not sure what makes it open up in the first place but I'm grateful for everyone's help. Also one of the terminals was touching its mounting plate and in closing the gap I moved this away. I don't know if that was significant too.

All done. Thank you Funsters. Jerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back