Cooker Hob removal Hymer B 528 2004 (1 Viewer)

merovingian

Free Member
Apr 18, 2010
Mons Belgium
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584
Exp
Noob
I have a what i think is a Smeg 3 burner gas hob. I would like to remove it to gain access to the electronic gas ignition mechanism which has gone tits up! I have undone 4 screws with their little cups leaving the glass lid in situ hoping the whole thing would, with a little persuasion lift up, but to no avail!
I need to get it open to identify the model and order the replacement parts to get it working again.
Any suggestions please, i daresay i need to undu something further but what and where

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Not the same age as yours but on 2003 B584 the screws in each corner have swing type catches under top and it's also stuck down with silicon type stuff.

OP
OP
merovingian

merovingian

Free Member
Apr 18, 2010
Mons Belgium
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584
Exp
Noob
Well thanks anyway, I have solved the problem already, yes it was siliconed down and I used a hot air gun to tease it off.
There is nothing wrong with the electric ignition with the exception that one of the 2 spade connectors had come off, i suppose due to vibration!
So, tomorrow I will give it all a good clean and put it back together with a fresh squeeze of silicone and tie up the connectors well so it wont happen again!
BTW it is a smev 2733 made in Italy I rest my case

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back