Convulsed hose to drain outlet (1 Viewer)

Edhat1992

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,

Visited a few times for advice but this is the first time I can't find the question already answered.

I am currently installing a shower and sink in the van. The waste outlets I've got are 28mm but it doesn't fit to the 28mm convulated hose.

I have bought a 28mm hose to push fit reducer but, while it fits the hose it doesn't fit the outlet, unless I also purchase a piece of 28mm rigid pipe, which then means there'll be 3 joints and ill have to buy a 3m length for 2 tiny bits. Surely this isn't right, is it?

Is there not a reducer that will connect from the outlet straight to the hose, or even better an outlet which connects directly to 28mm convulated hose?

Any help would be appreciated

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I'm watching this because thats exactly what i want to do with mine, It seems there are 28mm taps but the exit from mine is 40mm and I need a reducer.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Have u tried heating the hose in boiling water then forcing the hose over the fitting?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hi all,

Visited a few times for advice but this is the first time I can't find the question already answered.

I am currently installing a shower and sink in the van. The waste outlets I've got are 28mm but it doesn't fit to the 28mm convulated hose.

I have bought a 28mm hose to push fit reducer but, while it fits the hose it doesn't fit the outlet, unless I also purchase a piece of 28mm rigid pipe, which then means there'll be 3 joints and ill have to buy a 3m length for 2 tiny bits. Surely this isn't right, is it?

Is there not a reducer that will connect from the outlet straight to the hose, or even better an outlet which connects directly to 28mm convulated hose?

Any help would be appreciated
Have you tried an aquatic supplier for a hose? Motorhome waste plumbing seems always to be a bit of mix'n'match - not helped by hoses often sized by OD.

OP
OP
E

Edhat1992

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
It turns out there was another 'hose to push fit' reducer the would connect to the outlet, I had the wrong type that connects to pipe.
Loathed to spend £5 on another tiny bit of plastic I just used a bit of standard 32mm pipe I had lying around and solvent welded the outlet and hose reducer inside this.
If it does leak around the hose it will be outside the van by that point so not to worried.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back