Convert interior of Avondale SeaSprint? (1 Viewer)

semprini27

Free Member
Jan 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Not Yet
Hi all, I'm considering buying a Fiat Ducato based Avondale SeaSprint, 4 berth motorhome.

My only issue with it is that only the two front seats are seatbelt equipped. The rear sofa bench is a sideways fitting with no seatbelts. I was wondering how easy it would be to take that out and replace with a "rock and roll" type set up? I've seen other Avondale fittings like this, but none at the right price or location!

Anyone have experience of swapping out interior fittings?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
to get it done right with chassis rails added under the van to take the seat and seatbelt mounts would be very expensive and I know of no company that would do it anyway as they would be liable if the installation fails. Bear in mind the floor of a coachbuilt motorhome is a plywood and polystyrene sandwich with zero structural strength

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
if you need to ask here i would guess you dont have the skill levels to do it right anything is possible but you would need to weld in outriggers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
dont be put off too easily. seat belt anchor points are checked on mots arent they for rust etc and signs of failure (visually)

i am sure anything is possible but of course there is a cost involved and no doubt some precision welding. if it gets to the stage where insurance companies do a forensic examination of anchor points then youre probably past caring anyway !

i am NOT suggesting you just 'wing' it - just make sure its done properly and over engineer it and be prepared to pay the cost, unless of course you have the competencies to do it yourself?

when you think about it, a lot of motorhomes are built onto a base vehicle that is designed only to have front cab seats, so it must be possible to add anchor points for those that have four or more travelling seats

as you say you have seen the additional seats on other models than it must be possible ...

where there's a will, there's a relative ....

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back