Control panel Issue/no electric power în habitat ion area (1 Viewer)

Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ford Nobel art A8800
Hello guys!
Recently, i went on the sea side for a week or so, and i was off grid all the time, with external temp below 0.Last day, the control panel text me "5er". It s a Nordelettrica 268 with NE 185 central.
Even if i run all day with motorhome, the control panel didnt restarted, the only way was to charge it from the hook.
After another 2 weeks of freezing cold, the panel îs dead again, but hab battery sems to be ok... 13.7V. Maybe the battery was drained and the solar panel recharget, but not enought. I cheched the fuses bord, connectors, cab and hab batteries, fridge is working on 12 v with engine running... What i knowdest is that on running engine, cab battery is charge from 12.8 to app 15 V, and the hab battery sems not to be charged... maybe if its full on 13.7V, the alternator will not overcharged?
It is possible that, somehow, the control panel remains blocked after a very low hab battery level? Is there a relee who might not work anymore and the hab electric circuit remains closed?
Thank you în advance for any kind of advices!

Attachments

• IMG_20210220_150923.jpg
    IMG_20210220_150923.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20210222_141443.jpg
    IMG_20210222_141443.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 155
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
There is a big fuse in the wire very near the hab battery, maybe 30A or 50A. Is that fuse OK?

The split charge relay is located on the NE185 Distribution Board. It is the square black box between the large B1 and B2 terminals. Check the voltage at the B1 and B2 terminals. They should be exactly the voltage of the hab and cab batteries when the engine is not running.

I guess the D+ signal which switches the relay is working, because you say the fridge works when the engine is running. It wouldn't work without the D+ signal.

When the engine is running, the B1 and B2 terminals should be at the same voltage as each other. If they are different, the relay is not working.

Delta Conversions will repair it or sell you a new one.
<Broken link removed>

Also Apuljack Engineering repair this type of board

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
AndreiS
Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ford Nobel art A8800
Hello Autorouter, and thank you for your time:) The big fuse is ok, and i have voltage on B1 and B2... i didnt compare it with cab and leisure batteries, but i will. It is possible that the relay remain blocked and only a full charge battery to release it?? For now, i ll let the motorhome charging for 48h and if IT s still not working i ll charge the hab battery with a smart charger... anyway, if its not the battery Issue ill contact guys from Delta... still hopping to find a loose connection:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
If the relay is supplied about 12V to the coil, it will click, and connect the two power contacts (B1 and B2). You will see the voltages change, from whatever the battery voltages are, to some voltage in between those two, but both the same. If the alternator is charging, the common voltage will rise to maybe 14V or more as the two batteries are being charged.

The low-power supply to the coil, about 12 or 13V, will be one of the connections near the relay, but I'm not sure which one. If you find out which one it is, you could remove the connector and try a 12V wire direct to it. The relay should click on and off as the 12V-powered wire is connected and disconnected.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about the Nordelettronica NE268 control panel to tell you if there is some kind of cutout that needs resetting. I wouldn't be surprised if you are right about that.

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
One extra note. Your leisure battery won't be at 13.7v. That is the level of charge going into it. Worth turning off hook and solar and wait an hour and measure battery voltage to see if it is healthy (12.7 or 12.8v fully charged).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AndreiS
Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ford Nobel art A8800
Stealaway, if your r asking about The switch in picture below, i have no idea how it works... i just knowdest that în vertical position îs getting out of his place and i have no power in control panel

Jev88 ok...i ll do tomorow the right measurement

I'll also check the relay...

Thank you all:)

Attachments

• IMG_20210224_115021.jpg
    IMG_20210224_115021.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The switch in the bottom left with the C- is usually the symbol for ON- OFF
In the posted picture the symbol is sideways. To explain, the symbol is a combination of 0 and 1.
0 = OFF, 1 = ON. (in German it's the same word for ON and 1: 'ein'). So it's an on/off switch. Maybe the main 12V power switch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
AndreiS
Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ford Nobel art A8800
Hello again...
I'm back with same problem... today i just visited a motorhome repair center în Bucharest, and they try to find out the Issue.. after 2 hours they say that 90% is a fuze box Issue and 10% unknown...
It is posibile that the fuze box to be faulty and in the same time frigde is working în auto mode when i start the engine?

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
if your r asking about The switch in picture below, i have no idea how it works... i just knowdest that în vertical position îs getting out of his place and i have no power in control panel
This switch is a heavy-duty isolator switch, usually used as a battery isolator. When the red plastic 'key' is removed, the switch is OFF.
It is posibile that the fuze box to be faulty and in the same time frigde is working în auto mode when i start the engine?
The fridge relay and the split charge relay are separate items, triggered by the same D+ signal from the alternator. If the fridge is switching on when the engine starts, that means the D+ signal is working OK.

Check the voltages at B1 and B2, with the engine not running, then with the engine running. That will tell you if the split charge relay is working or not, as I described in post #2.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AndreiS
Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ford Nobel art A8800
Thank you... so tomorow i have work to do... :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AndreiS
Feb 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ford Nobel art A8800
So.. i've checked the relay, with working engine and it seems the tension îs different on B1 and B2, but when i put low voltaje directly, i can hear the click în the relay and bouth bateries is charging... so, the D+ sent the right signal for the fridge but no signal to main relay.
I send an email to Apuljack and one to Delta Conversion, asking them if they have a new fuze board or if they can repair the faulty one... now i Wonder if they will send it în Romania:)

Thank you all for help and your advices!
Best regards!

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
So.. i've checked the relay, with working engine and it seems the tension îs different on B1 and B2, but when i put low voltaje directly, i can hear the click în the relay and bouth bateries is charging... so, the D+ sent the right signal for the fridge but no signal to main relay.
I send an email to Apuljack and one to Delta Conversion, asking them if they have a new fuze board or if they can repair the faulty one... now i Wonder if they will send it în Romania:)

Best regards!
Hi AndreiS I would just like to know what was the out come with your issue?, only because I have some issue.

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Hello guys!
Recently, i went on the sea side for a week or so, and i was off grid all the time, with external temp below 0.Last day, the control panel text me "5er". It s a Nordelettrica 268 with NE 185 central.
Even if i run all day with motorhome, the control panel didnt restarted, the only way was to charge it from the hook.
After another 2 weeks of freezing cold, the panel îs dead again, but hab battery sems to be ok... 13.7V. Maybe the battery was drained and the solar panel recharget, but not enought. I cheched the fuses bord, connectors, cab and hab batteries, fridge is working on 12 v with engine running... What i knowdest is that on running engine, cab battery is charge from 12.8 to app 15 V, and the hab battery sems not to be charged... maybe if its full on 13.7V, the alternator will not overcharged?
It is possible that, somehow, the control panel remains blocked after a very low hab battery level? Is there a relee who might not work anymore and the hab electric circuit remains closed?
Thank you în advance for any kind of advices!
Try a search for Leisure Electronic Repairs they will be able to sort out the panel 7 day turnaroun.

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740

Best regards!
How did you get on? did they answer?

Upvote 0

Nedge68

Free Member
Feb 28, 2022
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Exp
Found this article in MMM, it tells you to disconnect the power for a couple of minutes, they mention delta conversions, you may have to change to a different control panel.

Upvote 0

Nedge68

Free Member
Feb 28, 2022
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Exp
AndreiS did you change/check the RJ45 cable, it seems to be a common cause of a blank control panel?

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
Found this article in MMM, it tells you to disconnect the power for a couple of minutes, they mention delta conversions, you may have to change to a different control panel.

Has been disconnected via Batteries not connected for days, don't think control panel, as there is only signals going to it, not much power to cause problem

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Peregrinator The problems that can happen with the NE 268 control panel are (according to Apluljack electronics) , Wont switch on / off , No power to panel , Battery voltages incorrectly displayed , Pushing one button activates a different function. If any of these faults is the problem that you have it may be worth talking to them.

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
Peregrinator The problems that can happen with the NE 268 control panel are (according to Apluljack electronics) , Wont switch on / off , No power to panel , Battery voltages incorrectly displayed , Pushing one button activates a different function. If any of these faults is the problem that you have it may be worth talking to them.
NE 274 Control Panel Don't switch on, most likely problem being NE 185-15s, has to the companies people have mentioned, They don't answer their messages, Don't repair PCB's anymore or can't get the parts as can't order anymore because Nordelettronica only supplies to dealers & manufacturers.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back