control panel flashing (1 Viewer)

Riduna

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Can anybody help me with regards the control panel on my Autotrail Tribute 715. I have been having Leisure battery problems, and I was wondering if when the engine is running it is correct that the blue lights above the leisure and vehicle battery on the control panel flash continuously whilst the van is driven. I have spoken to Cranham the suppliers of the MH, who said that they think they should. Not very reassuring, Can anybody assist a fairly new member, a little ignorant I am afraid.

Regards Riduna.

Chris69

Free Member
Feb 5, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2006
Doesn't sound right to me.
What make is the control panel?

Chris

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
When our engine is running both the leisure battery and the engine batery symbols flash on our Bessecarr MH
Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
As above: when my engine is switched on and I had previously had the 12volt power on then my leisure and engine battery lights on my panel flash. I am assured this is correct.

OP
OP
R

Riduna

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Thank you Carol, Robert and Chris for your prompt assistance, I will carry things on as they are, perhaps my meager L/battery is in need of expansion, thanks you all so much, Riduna

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I would have thought that the control panel should be turned/switch off before starting your engine, assuming you are ready for the road.

OP
OP
R

Riduna

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Thank you Carol and RR,
According to the paperwork for the vehicle when the engine is started the control panel shuts the 12 volt side down, I take your point Carol regarding the fridge, perhaps the fridge is wired in away the bypasses the control panel, as you can switch it to 12 volt on its own control panel where I have a choice of gas-240volt-12 volt.
I will install a larger leisure battery to add another 20ah supply.
Thanks for your assistance, take care.

Riduna.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Mine is a newish swift based vehicle and has a compressor fridge, hence no gas option and runs on battery when on the road.

OP
OP
R

Riduna

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Hello Carol,
Lucky you! in the past when I was boating, I always had compressor refrigerators, so much better and quicker to cool down, more expensive to install, so motorhome manufacturers go for the cheaper option.

regards riduna

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back