Control panel failure, help please ! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
2018 chic e-line
CBE PC380-CA control panel

All was fine up until a few days ago. This morning I have pressed the on/off button to turn on power on the control panel and nothing has happened.
All the fuses in electro bloc are fine, satelite, inverter and step are working. All batteries fully charged from solar.

There is no joy from the manuals.

I don't know if this has any relevance but a month or so ago the screen would occasionally only show KEYUSB this would clear by turning the panel off then on again.
Any thoughts, help or guidance would be much appreciated

Antique

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Have you tried holding the on button for 10 seconds or so? This has worked for me a couple of times on the older version of the panel

OP
OP
Antique
Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Tried it for a few seconds, will give it a try for longer as you suggest dunnah01.
Many ta's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Sometimes holding the on button and the prog button at the same time works but only if EHU is disconnected (also provides extra menu settings)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
2018 chic e-line
CBE PC380-CA control panel

All was fine up until a few days ago. This morning I have pressed the on/off button to turn on power on the control panel and nothing has happened.
All the fuses in electro bloc are fine, satelite, inverter and step are working. All batteries fully charged from solar.

There is no joy from the manuals.

I don't know if this has any relevance but a month or so ago the screen would occasionally only show KEYUSB this would clear by turning the panel off then on again.
Any thoughts, help or guidance would be much appreciated

Antique
How do you know the batteries are fully charged? Have you tested them with a multimeter? I ask because you will get very little power from your solar panels this time of year

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Try disconnecting it and reconnecting after minute or so - for some control panels that works like a re-set. Certainly worked on my NE183-mate control panel which started playing up.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Antique Brian, have a read through this thread and see if there is an clues in there.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Antique Brian, have a read through this thread and see if there is an clues in there.

It was the comment that funflair made that caught my eye, maybe you need to run the engine to get the voltage the panel see's up.

"What is the voltage of your habitation batteries, the manual says that it needs 13.5v to come back on if it has shut down in battery protect mode."

OP
OP
Antique
Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Two on Tour

Thanks for that Paul I'll have a peep (y)
I loath electrical probs and to add insult the warranty expired in September and I've been nowhere!!!

OP
OP
Antique
Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
It was the comment that funflair made that caught my eye, maybe you need to run the engine to get the voltage the panel see's up.

"What is the voltage of your habitation batteries, the manual says that it needs 13.5v to come back on if it has shut down in battery protect mode."
Sorry Paul slow at typing.

Solar turned off hour ago and hab batts just measured at 13.5v across terminals.
Cheers

OP
OP
Antique
Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
No engine running and solar definitely isolated, they were at 14.2v ish whilst connected and mppt regulator indicating full charge

OP
OP
Antique
Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Just spoke to dealers and went through their suggestions (fuses, removing and unplugging panel for a while). No joy so it appears a replacement may be required.

Hoping for a goodwill gesture as just out of warranty.
Fingers crossed

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
My screen failed on an S plus. The functions worked, but the screen display was either very faint or not at all! I priced up a replacement at around £1000.

When I px’d the van with a main dealer, he said as it had failed he would have to take the cost of it off the px price.........I nearly bit his hand off when he said it would be £300 🤪

........that may prove useful 😉

OP
OP
Antique
Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Update

I did indeed send off the control panel and distribution /fuse board to Apuljack as suggested.

At first they could find no fault and the two units tested fine for over a week.Then whilst on the phone with one of their engineers the panel failed to come to life.

Long story short, a new panel was ordered and tested in conjunction with the main board and will be delivered to me next week.

I will ask Apuljack this also but does anyone have any thoughts on the reinstallation sequence or will it be to simply connect back up in reverse order ?

( Oh, and BTW Paul Two on Tour, your mystic insight into the chance of getting a bit of dealers goodwill proved incredibly accurate! :( )

All the best

Antique

Eski.45

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Crafter homebuilt.
Update

I did indeed send off the control panel and distribution /fuse board to Apuljack as suggested.

At first they could find no fault and the two units tested fine for over a week.Then whilst on the phone with one of their engineers the panel failed to come to life.

Long story short, a new panel was ordered and tested in conjunction with the main board and will be delivered to me next week.

I will ask Apuljack this also but does anyone have any thoughts on the reinstallation sequence or will it be to simply connect back up in reverse order ?

( Oh, and BTW Paul Two on Tour, your mystic insight into the chance of getting a bit of dealers goodwill proved incredibly accurate! :( )

All the best

Antique

A little information I also had this problem with a CBE pc380-bs.
I took the control panel out and could hear a faint buzz from the capacitor. Resoldered the joints and gave them a clean and it works again.

Luck or a common problem I dunno but worth a try if anyone else gets the same problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back