Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Continental Guide Books!

Off for the first time in a few weeks. I now have my ACSI card and book, Camperstop Europe and the accompanying GPS POI's all nicely loaded. Seems plenty, but now I notice that Camperstop Europe does not include all the Aires in France which I know as I've downloaded a nice android tab free app called 'Campingcar Info's' that has Aires a plenty that are not in Camperstop...Should I now get or do I need 'All the Aires in France' from Vicarious Books?

...to get or not to get, that is the question? :Blush:

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi David,
All the aires in france, is in english but it only covers about Quote 2700 aires but as any collection it won't or any other book have them all.
I have edition 1 then it only had 1600 but with that and my camperstop book and it's download of poi's I have always coped .
I also use motorhomingfrance.co.uk as they have a reasonable database which I print off for the areas that I intend to go.
Another good source of info is www.bdauncey.eclipse.co.uk , he has visited a lot and has put on his site recommendations and map refs.
Hope this helps. Have a good trip which ever part you go to ( I'm envious ).
I can't wait until sept as we then are off to brittany for 2 weeks.
Terry:sin:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We have old copies of 'Camperstop Europe' and the French 'Aires de Service' books, both 2007 editions, but nowadays, we rely almost exclusively on CC Infos. As well as the download version which opens in a web browser, get the free POI files from the website and load them in your SatNav.
For Germany, I would also recommend the Reisemobil Bordatlas (in German but easy to understand). http://www.reisemobil-international.de/stellplaetze/bordatlas/
This is in two volumes, one for Germany and one for the rest of Europe; available from UK sellers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Thanks Terry and Phillip for your advice and suggestions, the Brian Dauncey link is excellent; my goodness has he been about!
Your suggestions got me looking about and I found this site http://www.i-campingcar.fr/accueilcartes.htm and if you click on the GPS tab, select your device (mines a Garmin), fill in the name and email box and you will be sent the files almost at once. I've uploaded and checked a good few out and it appears I now have a good few Aires in France.

Thanks again, Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back