Continental Vanco camper tyres (1 Viewer)

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi guys
Anyone know best place to purchase two continental vanco camper tyres for motorhome .

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Black Circles are very good

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
formula 1 I found very competitive but you have to order on line to get the best price.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Openo & Mytyres worth a look.
Also make sure whoever fits them uses the high pressure valves.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I've used mytyres before when ATS couldn't supply, good price and 4 day delivery from Germany.

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Thanks guys tyre size is 225/75/16

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
try kwik fit on line. you can get the proper michelins for about £100

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
@Trout bum have you considered the Continental four seasons 2 tyres .. lots of us use them .. they're better on mud and have the snow symbol required in parts of Europe.
... some even use the conti winter tyres all year round too.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Have you tried your local tyre depot.

Martin
try kwik fit on line. you can get the proper michelins for about £100
When you say "proper Michelins" do you mean that some Michelins are not "proper"

Matin

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Thanks for replies folks have been quoted anything from £145 -£165 for vanco camper tyres , sac never thought of the continental four season tyres I take it they are still camper tyres ?? Will have a look for them sounds they would be good for wild camping on non hard surfaces get me out a hole when I'm parked up at a nice fishing spot , they must be ok when others have them on there vans

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Camper tyres are reinforced to withstand a lot of standing still, whereas van tyres are not. Tyre prices are rising almost daily as sterling falls. I found, Continental Vanco Camper 215/75/R16's x 5, fully fitted were cheapest at F1 but it didn't include High Pressure valves (which are essential) and was going to involve a lot of faffing about to sort that out, plus a 40+ mile round trip. Blackcircles' price was very close and, because you choose a local fitter from their list, you can negotiate the valves separately. I chose Continentals because all my vans have had them and I've never managed to wear them out. Some prefer Michelins and much depends on the individual van.

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Try ATS, They show contivancontact 100 at £139.
I've had these on for 3yrs and they're fine on our 3500kg van.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The four seasons 2 are totally suitable for your motorhome @Trout bum .

Yes in my view as well Conti Vanco fourseasons2 are totally suitable for a motorhome, they are marked snowflake/mountain which is a better winter rating than just M+S BUT to answer the question NO they are not camper tyres if that matters!, some people say that the side walls are reinforced on camper tyres but I have a pair of Michelin campers M+S at 116 load rating and a set of Conti fourseasons2 in 121 load rating and there is no comparison in the sidewall rigidity (the Conti's win hands down) OK they are a higher load rating but 116 is as high as Michelin go in our size.

Martin

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Although you are in Scotland and he is in Oswestry, Wales, it would be worth having a chat with Brian (@Brian and Jo) of P and B Tyres (Mile Oak Industrial Estate, Maesbury Road, Morda, Oswestry SY10 8GA - Broken Link Removed: 01691 655859) on here and RVOC - what he does not know about tyres you do not need to know and he arranges delivery and fitting for you if needed.

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
nope, just mean Michelin camper tyres, not van ones. they are M&S marked as well.

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Yes in my view as well Conti Vanco fourseasons2 are totally suitable for a motorhome, they are marked snowflake/mountain which is a better winter rating than just M+S BUT to answer the question NO they are not camper tyres if that matters!, some people say that the side walls are reinforced on camper tyres but I have a pair of Michelin campers M+S at 116 load rating and a set of Conti fourseasons2 in 121 load rating and there is no comparison in the sidewall rigidity (the Conti's win hands down) OK they are a higher load rating but 116 is as high as Michelin go in our size.

Martin
Martin, just humour me! Why dont you keep the 4 seasons tyres on all year? Or are they not for the 4 seasons?
Ta

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin, just humour me! Why dont you keep the 4 seasons tyres on all year? Or are they not for the 4 seasons?
Ta
When we bought the van the tyres were already 6 years old, the guy that I use for tyres said "oh they are Michelin Agilis 81 so the carcase is good for a few more years but change the fronts this year if you want" so I bought the Michelin campers and put them on the front. Then we were at the N+B factory doing the tour and they were fitting the Conti Fourseasons2 to all the new Flairs and I thought "oh they look like a good tyre" and being fourseasons they made sense so I bought 6 when I got home. So you see we now have spare wheels so 8 tyres but only 6 places to put them hence the random swapping of the fronts to try to wear them all out.

The Conti's are fine for all year round don't worry it's just me, anyway it's easy changing as I have hydraulic jack(y)

Martin

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi guys
Great response and lots of advice I fancy the continental fourseason tyres as advised my only worry is motorhome is 4500 kg laden weight that's my only concern be it right or wrong !

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Thanks Martin, i just thought, if you go skiing or winter travelling, would it be best to get the Conti 4 season and use them all year. Otherwise you would have 2 sets, like yourself.
The michelin camper are m&s, but are not so called winter tyres, but the conti 4 season are?
The Conti 4 season are not camper tyres, which seem to be the preferred option for many.
Nothing seems to be straight forward
does it:(
Im also surprised that they put the new tyres on the front of your Flair and not the back!
Thanks Jerry(y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Martin, i just thought, if you go skiing or winter travelling, would it be best to get the Conti 4 season and use them all year. Otherwise you would have 2 sets, like yourself.
The michelin camper are m&s, but are not so called winter tyres, but the conti 4 season are?
The Conti 4 season are not camper tyres, which seem to be the preferred option for many.
Nothing seems to be straight forward does it:(
Thanks Jerry(y)
If I hadn't already got the Michelin's I would just run the Conti fourseasons all year as the wear rate is good enough to last 5 or 6 years at about 8K per year, yes they are not campers but that doesn't bother me as our van was not originally fitted with camper tyres and they are fitting the Conti's in the N+B, Concorde and Morelo factories now, I guess partly because our their 121 load rating.

Martin

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
"Stolen" from an online tyre Blog;

So what are camping tyres?

These tyres are designed specifically for use on motorhomes, the main difference is that they have tougher sidewalls. This toughness helps in 2 ways, firstly they are more suitable to run at higher pressures that are required for motorhomes, and secondly the rigidity reduces tyre movement and stops the vehicle from swaying around, particularly whilst cornering. There are also subtle differences in the tread compound which gives the tyres improved grip on wet surfaces and some differences in construction that make the tyre more resistant to abrasions & impacts.

Can I use normal van tyres?

Absolutely, it is still legal and safe to use regular van tyres as long as the load rating is high enough to carry the weight of the vehicle. By using a standard van tyre you will of course not benefit from the features detailed above. The main reason people fit standard van tyres is because of the cost implications of fitting motorhome tyres. The camper equivalent tends to be about 15% more which can equate to upwards of £60 a set.

Deleted User
Continental four seasons 121-119 rating were original figment on our Rapido. I replaced all 4 last year because they were six years old although had plenty of wear left after 28000 miles. I found them very difficult to source, in the end paid approx £560 for 4 . Bought from
Pneus on line . Excellent service and had them fitted locally.

Spongy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back