Apr 16, 2009
northants
Funster No
MH
hymer c class
Exp
since 2007
Hi
Just returned from 3 weeks pleasantly touring around Europe,and have to admit to not understanding why I could not find any English speaking radio out there. I have no problem in finding French and Dutch speakering programmes on my car radio when in the U K ,when I am trying to tune in to talksport.Is it the Beeb's cutbacks ,or my M H Sony radio not being up to it?:Smile:

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
I have received BBC R4 long wave as far down as Switzerland , and around the Frankfurt area
there are the American forces networks

Note from the Beeb You can listen to Radio 4 online anywhere in the world, but you will not be able to pick up BBC stations broadcasting on FM, MW and DAB very far from UK shores. They are funded by the UK licence fee and the BBC is not permitted to re-broadcast them from other countries.
However, in some areas close to the UK (such as Ireland, France, Denmark, Belgium and Holland) it is possible to receive Radio 4 on 198 kHz long wave.
BBC Reception website
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/ :thumb:

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Only English stations I managed to pick up were Absolute Radio (France & a bit of Belgium) and the World Service. In the end I gave up and listened to whatever I could find as they all seemed to play the same 20 or so 80's songs over and over again :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Granted, not much use when driving, ( unless you can afford a Camos In-Motion sat dish) but there are plenty of UK radio stations transmitted by satellite..

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
When we have a Euro trip coming up (lots of driving) I use this package on the computer before leaving:

http://audials.com/en/one/index.html

And record hours and hours and hours of UK radio, BBC, Virgin etc. The package saves it in any format you want. Then in Europe I play it all back in the motorhome and pretend its live :)

saves listening to time warp 80's german radio (mentioned above) :) those only so much a sane man can take of that :ROFLMAO:

:thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
When we have a Euro trip coming up (lots of driving) I use this package on the computer before leaving:

http://audials.com/en/one/index.html

And record hours and hours and hours of UK radio, BBC, Virgin etc. The package saves it in any format you want. Then in Europe I play it all back in the motorhome and pretend its live :)

saves listening to time warp 80's german radio (mentioned above) :) those only so much a sane man can take of that :ROFLMAO:

:thumb:

It doesn't appear to make the tea though............................:whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
wivvy's dad, I was just laughing at your location, here is another interesting location:

:whatthe::RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back