Continental Headlights (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thanks, gus-lopez - that's the sort of info I am after. Do German headlight do this and if so, can I keep my non-UK headlights?
I am not sure but assume all lhd headlights would be the
same ?

I have asked the question on a car forum I use which is populated by enthusiasts from all over the world.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Reply from forum is that lhd lights are flat & up/down , whereas in UK rhd lights ,the light pattern you see in the UK that lights the kerb is a result of the prisms in the headlight glass itself. Hope that helps.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Reply from forum is that lhd lights are flat & up/down , whereas in UK rhd lights ,the light pattern you see in the UK that lights the kerb is a result of the prisms in the headlight glass itself. Hope that helps.
Your forum is wrong it may have been right 40 years ago. Nowdays LHD headlamps the dip beams kick the light upwards to the right to help illuminate pedestrians (opposite of our RHD lights), Hella projector lamps fitted to some BMW's & A Class Motorhomes are adjustable from the LHD position to a flat dip position which is acceptable to the VCA. Hella also make them in RHD so they can be flat dipped for the continent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back