Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have been trying for a few days to contact the DVLA, without success, ringing at all times of the day, leaving messages, even leaving a scathing email on their website, no response whatsoever,
I bought a new car several weeks ago, but have not yet received the V5 document, the dealer has confirmed that they sent off the paperwork correctly, I have no V5, no local centres anymore, what else can I do?

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Also just bought a new car. Dealer said DVLA can take up to eight weeks to issue th V5

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We bought a car last weekend and v5 arrived this morning

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I have been trying for a few days to contact the DVLA, without success, ringing at all times of the day, leaving messages, even leaving a scathing email on their website, no response whatsoever,

Not certain that a scathing email will increase your chances of being given priority. ;)

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
I phoned them this morning around 10am. Call was answered within 5 minutes and they dealt with my query to my satisfaction.

Mike

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
There complaints procedure can be found here ....... I'm not sure but perhaps your 'beef' is with the dealer ?

The dealer showed me the paperwork to prove that the V5 had been applied for the next day, I think it has been lost by the post office, not the first time things have got lost by them. There doesn't seem to be a relevant section on their website for missing V5 reporting, except by phone, which I have not been able to do as yet.

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Rang few times and were told they are busy and just cut off! Rang yesterday about 9.30 and straight through . Bought our car 13 th April . Still not got v5 . They say it's on its way . .....

Brimal

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Drayton, Norwich, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Many years towing and Moho since 2004, presently Adria Coral 690SP Platinum.
That's DVLA for you, they run their own world or as my Addensbrooks Consultant stated they are like Dinosaurs.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
The dealer showed me the paperwork to prove that the V5 had been applied for the next day, I think it has been lost by the post office, not the first time things have got lost by them. There doesn't seem to be a relevant section on their website for missing V5 reporting, except by phone, which I have not been able to do as yet.
If you call them, they will be able to see if they have accepted or rejected the application based on your post code, if they. An do neither and the dealer did not send it registered post then I'd assume it lost.

If lost, then does that mean that you are not registered nor taxed ?

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Friend of mine bought a Kawasaki 650 Vulcan 4 plus weeks ago still not had the V5

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I will try again on Monday, I was able to insure and tax the car, so it should be registered in my name, just no V5 yet. Alays happens to me.!

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
UPDATE, after numerous more tries to contact the DVLA, without success, I finally received a voicemail from them yesterday afternoon with another contact number, rang the number, and was informed that my V5 had been returned to the DVLA as not delivered by Royal Mail, turns out that my selling dealer had put the wrong house number on the application, I have now got to fill in a form they are sending me and return it, then V5 will be sent, at last. I will be contacting my selling dealer!.
I did made my feelings known to the DVLA person about the loss of local offices, but he said that they too wished they were still operating, would save them a lot of hassle they now experienced, was a government decision apparently, not the DVLA.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
UPDATE, after numerous more tries to contact the DVLA, without success, I finally received a voicemail from them yesterday afternoon with another contact number, rang the number, and was informed that my V5 had been returned to the DVLA as not delivered by Royal Mail, turns out that my selling dealer had put the wrong house number on the application, I have now got to fill in a form they are sending me and return it, then V5 will be sent, at last. I will be contacting my selling dealer!.
I did made my feelings known to the DVLA person about the loss of local offices, but he said that they too wished they were still operating, would save them a lot of hassle they now experienced, was a government decision apparently, not the DVLA.

In wonder whether the 'Customer base' , i.e. those who actually pay the money to keep a disfynctional outfit in business/pensions was actually consulted?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back