Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Bought a Cello 23" traveller (Free to Air & Smart) in April last year. Worked fine with a clunky Android which would allow you to watch TV when we were outside the satellite footprint.
Switched the TV on yesterday and it could not find the Satellite (we will worry about that later) so went onto Android to watch TV that way. All the TV apps are now not supported on its Android 4 version (ver 4.4 I think). I phoned Cello and they have a Netflix app on their site which will work. Their latest version apparently runs on Ver 6 while the latest Android is Ver 10. Cello's attitude is that Android is outside their control so not their problem. I can go back to Amazon.
The 2020 price has also dropped form £199 to £150 ish which comes near to being an easy way of resolving this.
Any of our lawyers and budding lawyers have any opinions on this?
Having one box (we can both find our way around) worked for us but I am sure there will be other options people use.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Bought a Cello 23" traveller (Free to Air & Smart) in April last year. Worked fine with a clunky Android which would allow you to watch TV when we were outside the satellite footprint.
Switched the TV on yesterday and it could not find the Satellite (we will worry about that later) so went onto Android to watch TV that way. All the TV apps are now not supported on its Android 4 version (ver 4.4 I think). I phoned Cello and they have a Netflix app on their site which will work. Their latest version apparently runs on Ver 6 while the latest Android is Ver 10. Cello's attitude is that Android is outside their control so not their problem. I can go back to Amazon.
The 2020 price has also dropped form £199 to £150 ish which comes near to being an easy way of resolving this.
Having one box (we can both find our way around) worked for us but I am sure there will be other options people use.
Sounds like it's the march of technology I don't see how they are liable unless there was something misleading about the original sales info like the wrong version of Android being listed. I would just use a firestick if its got an HDMI port. You could use it at home and take it with you in the van you would then be used to it.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Keep them Eddie, 8 track and music tapes are coming back. No sure about 78's though.😁

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
17 months is a record for me for something going extinct and I have some Apple stuff.

New Firestick ordered as on offer today.

Does anyone know about the options for powering it? Amazon want £20 to run it off the TV but I was going to use a double adapter for the 12v socket and use on a as a usb port.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
HI We have 2 cello TV,s with firesticks and run them off the USB on the TV,s, the only time i needed to use a different pwr supply was when I was setting the Firestick remote to switch the tv on and off

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Yip...feel your pain...I’ve got same system so although tv can still be used it is far more limited due to what is, effectively, an outdated operating system....’fraid my knowledge of this area meant I wasn’t aware to look at that aspect when I bought it....just need to learn and move on......won’t get caught out again and will not buy from them again!

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
For Info- I recently bought a Ferguson (Cello really) , and there was a section within the Ts and Cs specifically excluding apps and their validity going forward from any or all warranty
I suspect may have been the same when you bought yours, but slipped by your notice
Cheers

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
For Info- I recently bought a Ferguson (Cello really) , and there was a section within the Ts and Cs specifically excluding apps and their validity going forward from any or all warranty
I suspect may have been the same when you bought yours, but slipped by your notice
Cheers
Yes you live and learn. Cheap tv with firestick from now on.
Having said that I have never read the 14 pages that Apple get you to acknowledge every time you upgrade.
Cello are now using Version 6 rather than 10. Why would you do that? Let them. Life goes on :)

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
It sounds like a product that was near end of life when you purchased it, speak with Citizens advice or similar, you may want to point out to Cello they installed Android and they will have been notified to the longevity / support of any Android software they used.

It would seem reasonable that they should have notified you as a purchaser as the android OS would not be supported after X period. I think you would have a claim under the consumer rights act

You would expect a TV or other goods to last at least 2-3 years.

Goods need to be:
  1. Satisfactory quality – Your goods should not be faulty or damaged, or at least of satisfactory quality. For example, second hand goods are not held to the same standards as brand new.
  2. Fit for purpose – you should be able to use it for the purpose they were supplied for.
  3. As described – your goods or service must match the description, model or sample shown at time of purchase
Digital content
Digital content purchases, such as software or music downloads, come under the Consumer Rights Act. This means they must meet the three criteria. If they don’t, you are entitled to a refund, repair or replacement.

The retailer might also owe you compensation if the digital product you bought also damaged any device it was used on or other digital content – assuming you used all reasonable care and attention.

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
It sounds like a product that was near end of life when you purchased it, speak with Citizens advice or similar, you may want to point out to Cello they installed Android and they will have been notified to the longevity / support of any Android software they used.

It would seem reasonable that they should have notified you as a purchaser as the android OS would not be supported after X period. I think you would have a claim under the consumer rights act

You would expect a TV or other goods to last at least 2-3 years.

Goods need to be:
  1. Satisfactory quality – Your goods should not be faulty or damaged, or at least of satisfactory quality. For example, second hand goods are not held to the same standards as brand new.
  2. Fit for purpose – you should be able to use it for the purpose they were supplied for.
  3. As described – your goods or service must match the description, model or sample shown at time of purchase
Digital content
Digital content purchases, such as software or music downloads, come under the Consumer Rights Act. This means they must meet the three criteria. If they don’t, you are entitled to a refund, repair or replacement.

The retailer might also owe you compensation if the digital product you bought also damaged any device it was used on or other digital content – assuming you used all reasonable care and attention.
Yes - worth a talk with Amazon

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Yes - worth a talk with Amazon
I assume that is who you brought it from...and they obtained/supplied it from whom Cello or a back street shop that had out of date electronics ? if you give Cello the series number you may find the TV was manufactured years ago.

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I assume that is who you brought it from...and they obtained/supplied it from whom Cello or a back street shop that had out of date electronics ? if you give Cello the series number you may find the TV was manufactured years ago.
No need - Amazon are taking it back :)

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Anyone know a good 12v 22-25" TV Satellite connection; HDMI for Firestick and USB port for power?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back