Considering a Dethleffs T series, anythingto look out for? (1 Viewer)

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Our experience is that they are well made. The only thing we would suggest you consider if you are looking at a 3500 KG unit, ours is listed as 3450kg, is the Payload.

We would have another.

Doug

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes, don't buy one from a dealer somewhere off the A1/A46 junction (and I don't mean Brownhills!).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
From passed experience I would also include Brownhills. :eek: Bob.
True but I wasn't daft enough to go there for my more recent MH and camper purchases! (y)

However I was daft enough to go to another one with 'issues'! :rolleyes:

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Regret this will not help but there are few Dethleffs agents in the UK.

We bought our unit secondhand and only 18 months old. We have visted 2 Dethleffs agents since with the following reactions:-

Premier Motorhomes near Chichester.

We had a problem with a water leak probably as a result of our not getting some water out of the system for the winter. We were in Spain when the leak appeared as we had travelled there with the tanks empty because of the cold. We asked for help on another Motorhome Forum. Chris the parts manager replied within 30 minutes with some information. We could not sort it and so booked it into Premier and they sorted it for what we thought was a reasonable cost considering the work involved. They were very good indeed and if we were nearer would use them more.

Pullinger Motorhomes Halstead Essex

They supplied the unit from New and when we visited them to see what they were like we asked about them servicing it etc as they are the nearest agent to us. Their response was that they were to busy servicing units people had bought from them. The fact they were the original suppliers made no difference as they had not sold it to us. Haven't been back.

I think the nearest to you is Lowdhams!

Doug

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Recently purchased a T7150 from new...we're both really pleased...Purchased in France where we live so can't help with dealers...

Supposedly Dethleffs are very keen on after sales and customer service so here in France Dethleffs will deal with a dealer directly on your behalf if things need sorting, touch wood we haven't needed their help..

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
When driving south through Germany you will find the steering pulls badly to the left.

Billggski

Free Member
Aug 6, 2013
Stone
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
You could try the dethleffs-owners club, Richard will be pleased to chat about them. Very happy with my Advantage model, well made and designed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back