Considering a change of MH - which models match these requirements? (1 Viewer)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We've had a CI Carioca 656 for 11 years, we bought it new and it's done us good service but we're getting a bit weary of clambering into the confines of the overcab Luton at night, and the dinette seating is very upright and cramped and doesn't really allow you to stretch out. We want to start going on longer trips in a similar sized vehicle but don't want to feel so limited any more. It doesn't make good use of the cab space for starters. It has two permanent bunk beds at the back which just end up being used as shelves. We don't want to be converting chairs into beds into whatever - we did too much of that in our old VW.

We're looking for the following features:

It can be second hand.
Max weight 3.5 tonnes
Max height (with manual crank up sat dish on top) no more than 3m, so we can apply for a Telepeage tag. Current MH with Luton is 3.05m (damn).
Max length 6.5 to 7m, no more.
Space on the roof for an 85W solar panel and a roof rack - don't need a sun roof.
No overcab bed (ie Luton), but a double bed above a rear garage, with a high up window for ventilation.
Comfy swivel seats in the cab, with dinette seating for four if needed.
No need for oven, microwave, extra batteries or air conditioning, but would like a shower in the WC compartment.
Roof construction not prone to leakage - this has been a design issue on our current MH.
Rear end compatible with Fiamma style bike rack.
Refillable gas cylinder can be easily installed in locker.
An awning - canopy only.
I'd prefer not to be messing about with stabilisers when parked.

If this describes your current MH, or one you've owned, and you've been happy with it, details of make and model would be much appreciated so the search can begin. Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Can't suggest a specific model but I'm sure there are quite a few small A classes that will tick most of those boxes.

Just a thought, if you're worried about the 3.0 metre height for tolls then a loaded roof rack will almost certainly take you over with pretty much any coach built or A class.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
We've had a CI Carioca 656 for 11 years, we bought it new and it's done us good service but we're getting a bit weary of clambering into the confines of the overcab Luton at night, and the dinette seating is very upright and cramped and doesn't really allow you to stretch out. We want to start going on longer trips in a similar sized vehicle but don't want to feel so limited any more. It doesn't make good use of the cab space for starters. It has two permanent bunk beds at the back which just end up being used as shelves. We don't want to be converting chairs into beds into whatever - we did too much of that in our old VW.

We're looking for the following features:

It can be second hand.
Max weight 3.5 tonnes
Max height (with manual crank up sat dish on top) no more than 3m, so we can apply for a Telepeage tag. Current MH with Luton is 3.05m (damn).
Max length 6.5 to 7m, no more.
Space on the roof for an 85W solar panel and a roof rack - don't need a sun roof.
No overcab bed (ie Luton), but a double bed above a rear garage, with a high up window for ventilation.
Comfy swivel seats in the cab, with dinette seating for four if needed.
No need for oven, microwave, extra batteries or air conditioning, but would like a shower in the WC compartment.
Roof construction not prone to leakage - this has been a design issue on our current MH.
Rear end compatible with Fiamma style bike rack.
Refillable gas cylinder can be easily installed in locker.
An awning - canopy only.
I'd prefer not to be messing about with stabilisers when parked.

If this describes your current MH, or one you've owned, and you've been happy with it, details of make and model would be much appreciated so the search can begin. Thanks in advance.

Now there's a man who knows what he's looking for - a rare animal here. :)

Seek and you will find - eventually.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Can't suggest a specific model but I'm sure there are quite a few small A classes that will tick most of those boxes.

Just a thought, if you're worried about the 3.0 metre height for tolls then a loaded roof rack will almost certainly take you over with pretty much any coach built or A class.

Thanks. The roof rack load is unlikely to be taller than the folded sat dish. I certainly don't plan to put a box up there, and I don't want a sat dish dome.

OP
OP
magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Now there's a man who knows what he's looking for - a rare animal here. :)

Seek and you will find - eventually.

The question I'm asking is do you know what I'm looking for? All help with the seeking is welcome. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back