Considering a bbq (Cadac?) but..... (1 Viewer)

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
I've got a Safari Chef and find it's OK but not very easy to control the heat; quite difficult to turn the burner right down low.

Thinking of buying a Cadac 2-Cook. Anyone tried one of these? Two burners and comes with two hot plates (one ribbed and one plain). Mix and match with an ordinary pan to suit.

202-20-Eu-2-Cook-Deluxe-2.jpg

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
IMG_1412.JPG
I've got a Safari Chef and find it's OK but not very easy to control the heat; quite difficult to turn the burner right down low.

Thinking of buying a Cadac 2-Cook. Anyone tried one of these? Two burners and comes with two hot plates (one ribbed and one plain). Mix and match with an ordinary pan to suit.

View attachment 180742
I have a cadac-2-cook and found it great for breakfasts using those 'rubber' rings from Lakeland for the eggs. For me it works better with a plate I got from Aldi or Lidl which covers both rings. You may need to mark the control knobs with nail varnish to denote 'off' so that you know where you are with flame height. I had to do this with the cadac as well.
The carry chef is now relegated to the loft as we have had a clearing out after partxing the caravan for the new Moho. It was heavy and a bugger to clean properly. We've gone back to charcoal having bought a cheapy double from Tesco. I also use what I call my pint pot. Looks like a big one with holes in. I use my gas poker for about 12 minutes, throw the coals in the BBQ and away we go. Tesco were selling the pint pots off a few weeks ago for £3. I know I have to empty the ashes next morning but we think it's worth it for the extra taste of burnt, sorry, barbequed meat. This information may be of no use to the OP but I'm so glad I've got that off my chest.
:D:D:D:D Regards, Mike

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
View attachment 180761
I have a cadac-2-cook and found it great for breakfasts using those 'rubber' rings from Lakeland for the eggs. For me it works better with a plate I got from Aldi or Lidl which covers both rings. You may need to mark the control knobs with nail varnish to denote 'off' so that you know where you are with flame height. I had to do this with the cadac as well.
The carry chef is now relegated to the loft as we have had a clearing out after partxing the caravan for the new Moho. It was heavy and a bugger to clean properly. We've gone back to charcoal having bought a cheapy double from Tesco. I also use what I call my pint pot. Looks like a big one with holes in. I use my gas poker for about 12 minutes, throw the coals in the BBQ and away we go. Tesco were selling the pint pots off a few weeks ago for £3. I know I have to empty the ashes next morning but we think it's worth it for the extra taste of burnt, sorry, barbequed meat. This information may be of no use to the OP but I'm so glad I've got that off my chest.
:D:D:D:D Regards, Mike
I like a charcoal BBQ ,,but on many sites in Spain early this year they were banned on many sites,,,BUSBY,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Even on low the Cadac Carri chef is toooo hot,better with an Outdoor chef city.

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
I love the cadac have got the pizza stone which gets plenty of use when the grandkids are around and also use the skottle for spagbol, curry etc. Have also got one of those cheap cookers with the gas tins that you can buy from halfords, lidl etc for boiling spuds, rice etc which I can then keep an eye on outside. One little tip is that I always have a big tub of industrial wipes that does a great job of cleaning the lid and body after use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back