Connector from Panel to Gland (1 Viewer)

Ianm18

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Ellington, Morpeth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2016
Our Elddis 155 has a Truma solar panel fitted, I am fitting another panel. I have noticed the Truma panel goes from the 2 cables into a triangle connector from this a single cable goes to the gland. I cannot find these connectors anywhere, I phoned the supplier of my panel and they have not heard of these. I assume my option is the just use the 2 cables into the gland. I would appreciate any advice/guidance.

I thought the Truma setup was good.

Thanks

OP
OP
Ianm18

Ianm18

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Ellington, Morpeth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2016
Agree, Moho in storage was hoping to sort before fitting this coming weekend. Maybe I'll go a take a pic!

Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I assume from your description the 2 separate cables go into the triangle and then the cable coming out of it has 2 cores meaning that you only have one cable to feed into your MH rather than 2 ... I can't say that I've seen any like that in my searching for solar stuff, however you can get push-fit connectors like that:

push-fit-twin-cable-connectors-for-solar-panel-regulator.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ianm18

Ianm18

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Ellington, Morpeth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2016
Many thanks, I’ve been in touch with Truma and it’s their part. I’ve got the part no just trying to trace one down presently.
It makes it easier having one cable going through the gland.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
just sika fix a water proof junction box on the roof over the hole joint cables inside and one through the roof ium sure if its a truma part it will be expensive

OP
OP
Ianm18

Ianm18

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Ellington, Morpeth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks to all for your replies and advice. I had no luck tracing the part there are none in the country.
It would take 2 weeks if I ordered, so an alternative I will look at.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back