Connector block for Ducato cigarette lighter & usb (1 Viewer)

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Hi.
I am going to reposition the existing cigarette lighter socket, replace the single Fiat USB point with a double, reposition the radio USB connection, etc, and have been trying to find the right connectors to extend and reconnect rather than cut off the existing Fiat connectors. The image shows the 3 pin connector used on the cigarette lighter, its the same connector for USB.
Lighterplug.jpeg
Can anyone suggest where I can find these - I ordered what I hoped might work from 12voltplanet.co.uk (great service by the way) but they are not the right format.
The connectors ordered from 12voltplanet will be useful if I do have to cut the cables, but I really want to avoid this if the right connectors are available.
Hoping for some suggestions!

(PS - but after trying to tidy up how Burstner factory fitted the Radio/reversing camera I guess they don't share my preference for tidy cabling)
Burstnerwiring.jpeg

Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks
I think I would be tempted to cut the wires and connector with a couple of inches of cable on it so if needed you can put it back to original, then find matching connectors and install new one. generally it is very difficult to get OEM connectors, I worked for a OEM and even we couldnt get them, we kept old looms for the connectors.

Ditto to manufacturer wiring, I removed an alrm system that had so many twisted wires covered with tape that I took a punt and pulled it out and it still starts and runs... a bonus..

OP
OP
Mark McG
Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Hi Sam
Looks like you may be right in your recommendation - Wire cutters at the ready !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back