Connecting up solar to battery (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Can I connect up my charge controller direct to the leisure battery even though the Sargent charger is connected to it. What if I want to run on EHU? Do I have to disconnect the solar charger? Will there be some conflict between the two?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
you can connect it direct to the battery as to conflict the worse that could happen is that either the charger or solar regulator will see a high voltage and shut down believing the battery to be fully charged. As long as there is a charge appearing on the battery does it matter where it comes from. I think not. However Eddievanbitz is your man to answer that one I think says he hedging his bets and taking no responsibility if it all goes tits up, hee hee.

andandden

Free Member
May 28, 2013
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hi, I have a 150watt solar panel ( full kit ) i need a inverter + other materials i would be very gratefull if you could give me advice on which inverter that is compatable to use with my solar kit I'm also thinking on having both battery's connected together, Thank you. Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Hi Steve, I have my solar wired up the way describe and have no problems, if it is a sunny day and I am on ehu I will turn off charger and let solar do its work,

Eric

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back