May 25, 2008
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Since 2008
Help:Confused:
I have a 60w solar panel on the camper roof and would like to install a 120w panel as well,
do I just connect posative to posative and negative to negative in a junction box and then take one twin cable down to the 16amp regulator. The regulator as got a built in blocking diode.

Thanks Jim.:thanks2:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am sure (almost) that the panels should be hooked together in parallel, connecting positive terminal to positive terminal and negative terminal to negative terminal. :Smile:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
I am sure (almost) that the panels should be hooked together in parallel, connecting positive terminal to positive terminal and negative terminal to negative terminal. :Smile:

When I fitted my second panel that's exactly what I did, positive to positive and negative to negative, but mine was easy as there were already two big chocolate block connectors fitted just under the fridge vent on the roof with 3 connectors each. You can just see the wires going across to the white fridge vent.

100_1542.jpg

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes it is + to + and - to -.

You may find that one of the panels has two of each terminal (one of mine has) so will be able to connect one panel to the other and then just run the one cable to the regulator. It saves having another joint or exposed chocolate block.

As an aside: I have 3 panels - 2 x 120w on the roof each being fixed on one side by hinges and on the other by retaining bolts. When we are away for the winter and the sun is low I can raise the panels to point at the sun. The third (small 60w) I have attached to a twin cable with a shrouded plug on the end (similar to a bulgin plug), In one of the lockers I have mounted a shrouded socket into which I can plug the panel which has a stand (home made) and again this can be kept pointing at the sun.

It all keeps the neighbours happy as I don't have to start the geny! And the boss can watch satellite t.v. whenever she wants.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back