Connecting Avtex TV to Internet via Huawei E5577 (1 Viewer)

davidp

Free Member
Mar 18, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Hi there,
I'm a newbie having had van delivered a couple of weeks ago, the idea being to spend a few weeks getting to understand how everything works before we can venture out.
So far the only journey was to get vaccinated!
Anyway, I got the Avtex TV working via the hotspot on my iPhone last week but decided it was all a bit fiddly so decided to get a mifi instead. Problem now is that whilst I can get an iPad working off the mifi, the TV setup gets to the point after inserting password where it says "successful", but then pressing Freeview it says there is no connection.
Anyone got any idea what I might be doing wrong?

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
freeview is not a channel to connect to via Mifi ... if you are streaming tv you will watch channels like iPlayer, itv hub either catch up or live.. you can also watch netflix Prime etc
can you get these with the Avtex, i did not think the Avtex offered a SMART TV... to get these channels you need to purchase an Amazon fire stick or similar

BTW - welcome

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi there,
I'm a newbie having had van delivered a couple of weeks ago, the idea being to spend a few weeks getting to understand how everything works before we can venture out.
Anyway, I got the Avtex TV working via the hotspot on my iPhone last week but decided it was all a bit fiddly so decided to get a mifi instead. Problem now is that whilst I can get an iPad working off the mifi, the TV setup gets to the point after inserting password where it says "successful", but then pressing Freeview it says there is no connection.
For Freeview, you would need an DVB antenna. To watch Catch up TV, then you would need an internet signal to connect your Smart TV, or an Amazon Firestick, which converts your non Smart TV into one.
Is your Avtex TV, a Smart TV, whereby it connects to the internet, or not?

If it does connect to the internet, once you get a signal, go into Apps, then choose Freeview Play, or any of the iPlayers such as BBC, ITV, CH4, or My5,etc. (y) They can also provide you with live TV.

Good luck. :)

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Hi, welcome and Avtex tv... well... we bought the "smart" version and connect to our mifi as you have indicated. It does appear you stil need an aerial connected before anything works. After putting in your mifi password and getting the "successful" message it then can take several minutes before you can actually get the Freeview service. We leave ours for about 15 mins after successful then go to page 100 then select your chosen catch up service.. BBC I Player etc... strange but that's how it seems to work.

Upvote 0
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
PS. I thought it was broke if was the wife who sussed it out. Call Avtex tech support if still having probs they are very helpful

Upvote 0

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Avtex do indeed offer a Smartish TV for Free view play... but yes it seems you do need an Ariel... My advice is get yourself an amazon fire stick for £29.99 you will get all the BBC, ITV, 4 and My5 either catch up or live. you can also view u tube and the pay channels Netflix etc. My next motor home will NOT have a satellite system - streaming is the way forward
1616085360103.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
davidp

davidp

Free Member
Mar 18, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thanks for the responses.
With hindsight I probably did leave the TV antenna plugged in when it worked last week tethered to the iphone. I'll try that tomorrow.
Doesn't make much sense, but then isn't that just the way...

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Doesn't make much sense, but then isn't that just the way...
It must be an Avtex quirk, as it's not something I've experienced on non Avtex TVs. :whatthe: Our former Avtex TV (just replaced it) didn't work like that either, ie, if we weren't using the satellite dish, we'd use the Firestick. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Upvote 0

Stones

Free Member
Oct 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
campervan
Hi there,
Hi, just seen this whilst searching to solve the exact same problem only with Wi-fi, not mifi, it connects to Wi-fi and says successful but then just like yours it says there’s no connection! Did you ever solve this? Many thanks

Upvote 0

Jethro

Free Member
Nov 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2 months
I am having a problem connecting my fire stick which is in the hdmi port on my Avtex tv to my Huawei mifi E5577 with my smarty sim I get a screen asking for username and password but doesn’t give me enough time to input before it just goes back to a login screen. If I put my ee sim in it connects without any problem not even asking for password or username. If I use my iPhone as a hotspot I get plenty of time to put in password and all works ok. Sorry for the length of this post

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back