connect solar to existing inverter cables? (1 Viewer)

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
hi , a mate of mine has asked me if he could put his new charge controller next to his 2000 watt inverter and connect the cables from it to the two cables going down to his batteries that supply the inverter ? to me its a reasonable question as he wouldnt have to drill another hole in the floor for new cables and surely its not any different to connecting at the point where his inverter cables join the battery? what happens when it all switched i.e inverter powering coffee machine and the power from the charge conroller trying to go to the batteries...... does it all just balance out??

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I Cant think why it was not OK, it would need a fuse at both ends of the cable from the solar controller to the inverter terminal, we have a EFOY fuel cell on wired the same way.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
seanoo
Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
I Cant think why it was not OK, it would need a fuse at both ends of the cable from the solar controller to the inverter terminal, we have a EFOY fuel cell on wired the same way.

Martin
Ok , that's interesting. I know it's probably better for its own independent wiring but I couldn't see why it wouldn't work.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
So long as he connects to the right end:Eeek::doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.