Congestion charging (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
You are all making this too complicated use this system, if driving anti clockwise on the M25 never turn left onto a main road, if driving clockwise never turn right onto a main road, would this solve a few problems.
Bill

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Did I read correctly that the various schemes are all suspended between xmas and new year?

Motorhome parade around Hyde Park anyone?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
It is worth checking online whether your vehicle is recogised by TFL as exempt from the charge, before travelling anywhere near the LEZ.

The TFL checker didn't recognise my previous 2002 VW T4 campervan as LEZ charge exempt, which I had assumed it should have been at that time, both because of the date of first registration (in Germany) and it being Euro3 emissions compliant on the Certificate of Conformity. It was an import and somewhere between the DVLA re-registration and TFL there may have been a mixup. I didn't bother trying to sort that out with TFL, but made sure that I stayed well clear of the LEZ while I drove that campervan. The M25 is all OK, outside the LEZ.

I don't know if mine was an isolated example, but any Funster with an import who assumes they should be exempt from the charge should use the TFL checker before entering the LEZ.

BROKEN LINK
a slight correction here the M25 is partially inside the LEZ, check out the eastern side, Ockendon is outside the M25, but in the LEZ, BUT the M25 itself (at the moment) is exempt

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
a slight correction here the M25 is partially inside the LEZ, check out the eastern side, Ockendon is outside the M25, but in the LEZ, BUT the M25 itself (at the moment) is exempt

Just wondering why - is it because it is within a London Boroufg?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LEZ zone..2007 2.3l multi-jet 130 Maxi, 5.25t, Fiat Ducato based tag Autotrail.... No charge..
And I know this is correct 'cos I have been to Romford and surrounding area more times than I can count!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
LEZ zone..2007 2.3l multi-jet 130 Maxi, 5.25t, Fiat Ducato based tag Autotrail.... No charge..
And I know this is correct 'cos I have been to Romford and surrounding area more times than I can count!

Didn't realise Romford was in The LEZ,,must be wrong,,BUSBY,,

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just wondering why - is it because it is within a London Boroufg?
when you look at the actual map it makes you wonder who came up with what is in the LEZ & what is out? Makes you wonder whether someone had interest in some way ? can't understand why they didn't just state M25 is the outer edge everything inside is LEZ.

Think I might have answered my own question. It appears the boundaries where what came under the old Greater London area.

North Ockendon is in but South Ockendon isn't according to my map & What about Aveley it appears half & half?

Didn't realise Romford was in The LEZ,,must be wrong,,BUSBY,,
It is well inside. Starts not much after Brentwood

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Well inside.. So is Upminster and even Harold Hill
Not been to Romford since M25 was built,,,used to deliver coal there in bulk,,BUSBY,,

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
My Hymer B584 reg 1st jan 2004 is exempt was at Crystal Palace in December. reg pj53rbx 2.8 jtd

Jan 9, 2014
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Niesmann + Bischoff
Exp
since 2003
Hi rb62,

When you talk about Packet Boat Marina do you mean the one in Uxbridge? Is there parking for motorhomes there? I am interested because my son lives nearby and it would be a convenient place to stay when visiting him.
Many thanks,

Old_VicR

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
IF you are unfortunate enough like me to need a tax exempt vehicle for your personal use (our motorhome is mine) then you can be exempt from all but parking charges in London

Reading all the posts here it would appear to deliberately a minefield for drivers so I'm particularly glad that
A/ I'm exempt
B/ we have no plans to go any closer than the M25

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
SO I started thinking about ways those in the 3500kgs + category could get caught.

It occurred to me that when travelling around the northern sector and the Dartford crossing is closed the alternatives ( Blackwall Tunnel or Woolwich ferry) will no longer be options after April 2019. I can see people (myself included) getting caught out with that one.

Why on earth they need 4 separate systems is beyond me!!!
That is how I got caught out the transit base was 3860 kgs . I was stuck in the Services at the dartford Tuneel with the road blocked and a copper told me to go down the A13 and out the Blackwall tunnel, I did that and got the letter and photo. The correct way is to go the whole way around the M25 the other way for 122 miles.. How do you save on pollution doing tha with a few hundred lorries??????

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
Hi rb62,

When you talk about Packet Boat Marina do you mean the one in Uxbridge? Is there parking for motorhomes there? I am interested because my son lives nearby and it would be a convenient place to stay when visiting him.
Many thanks,

Old_VicR
i think you can stay there !!! hope that helps

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
A cynic would suggest the system is designed to trick people into having to pay large fines.

Nooooooooo? Surely Not?.:rolleyes: That`s not "British"!:whistle:. Besides a REAL cynic might feel that removing all those nasty little working people, would make room for the Really Wealthy to have races on the near deserted roads in their Super-cars?.

I think they should ban all vehicles from town or city centres,,,No one would be brave enough, Only though if they improve public transport and make it free to all.,,it will happen in the end,,BUSBY,,

Has anyone tried carrying a weeks shopping, on "public" transport recently?. You finish up with arms longer than when you started. AND if you have mobility issues?. NO WAY!. Oh! and before some Smart a**e says "online shopping". a) most supermarkets make a charge, b) there are still a VERY large number of computer illiterate amongst those who would be most affected.

That is how I got caught out the transit base was 3860 kgs . I was stuck in the Services at the dartford Tuneel with the road blocked and a copper told me to go down the A13 and out the Blackwall tunnel, I did that and got the letter and photo. The correct way is to go the whole way around the M25 the other way for 122 miles.. How do you save on pollution doing tha with a few hundred lorries??????

Two Points here, ALWAYS get "instructions" from a police officer in writing, I had them endorse my Tacho Disk many times. Saved my LGV more than once under similar circumstances. Second, That is Typical Bureaucratic nonsense, as usual they make NO provision for the small number of occasions when their stupid systems crash big time. A blanket exemption for the time period when the closure happened is all that is needed. But of course they dont have the brain of an Omeba!.

May 19, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Migrateur
Exp
The best thing you can do with London is stay out of it, if you have to go in, park up and get the bus, specially if you are the owner of a bus pass
Whiskeymac

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The best thing you can do with London is stay out of it, if you have to go in, park up and get the bus, specially if you are the owner of a bus pass
Whiskeymac

That is OK for you country lads, but think of those of us who own houses, in my case well within the LEZ, and had house and MH before the regulations made the MH non-compliant. My status quo was overtaken by the regulations, but no exemption was offered for existing owners.

I could have got round the problem by driving out/in once a year for touring and paying the £200(cheaper than storage) had it not been for the fact that 'Residents' Parking Permits for my road(all terraced) are only issued to vehicle of max 2.5m length.

While I was still living there I was fortunate in that I was working for a travel firm with its base just outside the LEZ and they let me park it there.

I still own the house, although not currently living there, but may want to return later, so I needed a solution and managed a 'swerve' which has made my MH exempt. If I told you how, I would have to kill you;). But the LEZ exemption would still not solve the parking problem, but there might be some off-road parking solution.

One thing that annoys me about applying LEZ regulations to MHs that are marginally over the weight limit, but with the same engines as those under, is that they probably move straight in/out LEZ once or twice a year - how much pollution does that create? - they do not drive around London daily on deliveries, unlike vans with the same engines.

Furthermore, most commercial vehicles are retired after about 3 years and are replaced with ones having compliant engines. Mhs do not need replacing like that.

Upshot is that MH resident owners, whose vehicles are probably used the least of almost any type of vehicle within London, are caught by regulations that have a minimum impact of reducing emissions from their vehicles, but a much bigger impact of owners' lifestyle.

Yours (Bureaucratic Anarchist)

Geoff

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I know someone with 2 Land rovers.One a swbase pick up & the other a swbase station wagon. both identical sized diesel engine, same day/month/year of manufacture , peculiarly they are also one number apart on the chassis number. The station wagon is exempt & the other banned.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back