Confused of Crewe.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by haganap, Dec 22, 2008.

1. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +17,035
    Hi all.
    Went to get some bits to give the new van a service. When i was at the desk the chap said "what BHP is it?" I said "no Idea" he said that there was a choice of fuel filters for the 2.8 jtd. I took what he called the 110bhp filter and went on my merry way. When I got home, I had a quick shifty and could see that te fuel filter was indeed the other type he had shown me, the one with the electrics built on it. I therefore went back and change it.

So what BHP must I have then? Can't find much on the net to give me an answer, I just thought they were all 110bhp (its a 2005 model).

Then when it came to oil, he said my model showed fully synthetic. I said Im sure I read somehwere that it is semi synthetic 10/40. Is this right? I note from the doccumentation that the last garage that done the service used 10/40.
    Thanks

2. Blisters

Blisters

Ratings:
    +3
    hi paul

first, i'm no expert but i think there are two engines, JTD and idtd (may not be right letters), most are JTD's they come from the factory with a standard 128 bhp but on some larger vans they up it to 163 bhp ( such as Hobby 750i t/a) you can have the lower one remapped or chipped

Graham
    ps hope niki and the kids are well