LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
here we go again, CO2 is not a killer, CO is carbon monoxide which is a killer (y)
I stand corrected by your obviously far superior knowledge of the subject but there still shouldn't be vents from the fridge into the habitation area of your MoHo, but then again that's my opinion only.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I stand corrected by your obviously far superior knowledge of the subject but there still shouldn't be vents from the fridge into the habitation area of your MoHo, but then again that's my opinion only.

Interesting point, I will raise a new thread to avoid confusion / hijack

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We certainly are using the van...... came back mid October from a two month stay in Bennicasim (Spain).... Lake Garda fours weeks from early March this year,
Croatia, five weeks September-October last year... were beginning to think that its the heater doing its job:xgrin:
Gellyneck means are you using the van while parkd at home.
if you arent actually living in it then little moisture will be produced so condensation shouldnt occur

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Taylor Made external does the trick for us. Just been away for 10 days in very cold conditions down to -6 at night. Also used our internal concertina privacy blind and absolutely no condensation.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Chrissy+John, two books I bought off Amazon.1)."How Katie Pulled Boris" & 2)."Europe In A Motorhome" I preferred the latter.Happy new year also.:xThumb:

An excellent read and i can recommend it.

A families adventures and mishaps in a year touring the four corners of Europe in a 34ft RV.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We bought SilverScreens (external) and have been using them for the last month in temperatures down to -5c. We do always crack the roof vent open when cooking but otherwise no windows open.

They are the BEST thing we have ever bought for the van............. NO CONDENSATION.............WARMER VAN............NO COLD DRAUGHTS WHEN SAT IN THE FRONT :xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:

I can not recommend them enough....

Deleted User

Correct, there should be a rubber or felt seal separating the working parts of an absorption fridge from the habitation area. I only know this because our dometic fridge/freezer has recently dumped all it's ammonia into the ventilation space and not into the hab. area, am now in the process of dismantling said offending item :xsmile:

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
The warmer you get the inside of the van the more chance there is of condensation, warm air carries moisture suspended in it, when the moist warm air hits a cold surface it can not carry as much moisture so it drops it onto the cold surface, that might be somewhere you can see like the windscreen or cold spots around window frames or it might be somewhere you can't see it so easily.

Not wishing to undermine you in anyway and we do appreciate your thoughts but after a fairly cold night the wife and I both inspected the interior of the van at approximately 8.30 this morning and could find no cold spots or any signs of moisture on any hard surfaces which I believe your referring to, also it appears most poster's here are more than convinced that the 'Silver' external screens crack the condensation issue..perhaps to lay this to rest some sort of moisture meter ? may convince every one who thinks like me they haven't got a moisture problem(y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not wishing to undermine you in anyway and we do appreciate your thoughts but after a fairly cold night the wife and I both inspected the interior of the van at approximately 8.30 this morning and could find no cold spots or any signs of moisture on any hard surfaces which I believe your referring to, also it appears most poster's here are more than convinced that the 'Silver' external screens crack the condensation issue..perhaps to lay this to rest some sort of moisture meter ? may convince every one who thinks like me they haven't got a moisture problem(y)

If you have been living in the van I would have expected some misting on the windows at least, but won't dispute your practical findings.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back