Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Had my 1st habitation check done on my swift 590rs yesterday I pointed out a quite pronounced stain thats appeared across the roof lining area.:Sad:
What I've been told is that apparently' Swift should have fitted insulation and it was'nt...whether thats extra or normal insulation is a little unclear. ????
Not long after we got the van we had an incident with condensation in the dome (not to sure what its called ) area in the roof , we popped into the dealers who said it was recall issue and a simple fix and wisked it round the back to fit bits of foam, all done ok.
So the burning question.. why is it staining the roof any body had it or know about this fix.

Pete.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi Peter

We had the dome condensation prob but ours had to go back to swifts factory to be done as we was told it was a big job, not sure what you have had done.

It is all ok now, not noticed any staining but will have a good look next time.

Swift monitor this forum so hopfully they will reply.

OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Hi Peter

We had the dome condensation prob but ours had to go back to swifts factory to be done as we was told it was a big job, not sure what you have had done.

Thx for the quick reply Dane , initially we've been told either the roof panel /board has to be replaced or re-vynil the panel ?? ...

not sure what you have had done. thats the two of us then :RollEyes: I'am waiting on a call from Swift so I'am led to believe now... will let you know how it goes from here.

Pete.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Peter,

We have had an issue with some vans that required additional insulation to be added to the overcab area because of increased condensation. Depending on the severity of the problem they are either rectified by the dealer or back at Swift.

If you have any concerns with your overcab please contact your dealer or ourselves direct. If you provide me with you details and chassis number I can investigate what has been done to your van,

my email is: aspacey@swiftleisure.co.uk

Regards
Andy

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
now thats a swift reply from the swift group.

nice to have them on the forum. :thumb:

can just see andy sat in his office, bored rigid.:winky:
"i'll have a look on fun and sort some problems out" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hello and thanks Pappajohn,
I prefer "poised like a coiled spring" than "bored rigid",
Thanks
Andy::bigsmile:

OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Peter,

We have had an issue with some vans that required additional insulation to be added to the overcab area because of increased condensation. Depending on the severity of the problem they are either rectified by the dealer or back at Swift.

If you have any concerns with your overcab please contact your dealer or ourselves direct. If you provide me with you details and chassis number I can investigate what has been done to your van,

Regards
Andy

As requested Andy, Pm'd you with the details.

Thx Pete.

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
swift

When i had my van i noticed a speaker loose in the dome part.
I took the speaker out to investigate and noticed poor or no insulationin most of the dome.Luckily i had just finished a loft conversion and had some triosol super nine insulation
left over from it (very expensive and i believe they use it in aircraft to).
I put this in the dome part and it has worked a treat.
If you have trouble with the speakers coming loose in dome part (if fitted) ,You will notice they are screwed into a very thin peice of ply and can easily work loose whilst travelling.
Just cut some small squares of 18mm ply,glue on top of thin ply and re fit speaker,no more rattle from speaker when travelling.
happy travels
Dave

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
condensation problem on a swift bessacar e495

i brought my motorhome from lowdham leisure world last march and whilst out in
it last year we noticed a few drips of water landing on the oven top, we
mentioned this to lowdham and they told us that it was probably condensation and
to keep an eye on it, a few weeks ago we went to york and has it had been
snowing a few days before ice had formed on the roof and as the weather got
warmer then the ice began to melt , on the way back we noticed that water was leaking from both the speakers and today we went to the motorhome again and found that there is a kind of stain all the way acroo where the dome and microwave is and that the plastic dome is not has snug against the roof i have read about this on moterhome fun and have got your email adreess off there
i have a swift bessacar e495 where do i need to get it checked out and what does the action needed to correct this fault involve thanks
paulus the woodgnome

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

This could be the answer you are seeking. email Andy at Swift

my email is:
aspacey@swiftleisure.co.uk

Regards
Andy

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Paulusthewoodgnome,
I have recieved your email and responded to you, Thanks
Andy.

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
i have just recieved from this from andy at the swift dealer and i must thank him for the information and VERY quick responce to my problem especially on a saturday night::bigsmile:
thankyou

Hi Paul,
It sounds from what you describe like you need a modification doing to your
Motorhome to fix the condensation problem.

We will need to drop your internal pod liner and remove and re insulate the pod
area. Any remedial damage will be put right too.
Someone from our customer services team will contact you next week to arrange
getting this sorted,

Thanks Andy.

OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Hi Peter

Hi Dane... after a bit of faffing about it looks like ours will be going back to Swift for the repairs also. Had a phone call from Swift's Andy on friday so we will be making arrangements soon for the repair.
Thank you Swift for a Speedy response.:thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Peter they transported mine back from the main dealer but asked me to pick it up from Cottingham to make sure I was happy with it. They sorted out a hire car and an overnight stay in a hotel so no complaints there.

As far as I am concerned Swift could not have handled it any better.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As far as I am concerned Swift could not have handled it any better.

Yes they could, they could have done the job properly in the first place. I can't work out how *some* vans would need added insulation, it's either properly insulated or not in these two cases from a small forum.

Time and time again I read of Swift "doing a good job" but it's costing them a fortune and some inconvenience to their customers. This pathetic country needs them and needs them exporting so I do hope they are learning their lessons on basic design and QA.

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Brian,
I agree in an ideal world things shouldnt go wrong but we dont live in an ideal world and as a result from time to time things do go wrong. I think whats important is that we do face upto these issues when they go wrong and try and put them right as quickly as possible.

But, we are not complacent and we do listen and are trying to improve which is why we actively monitor these forums - to improve what we do.

We do export, in the last year to Germany, Holland, Denmark, Australia and New Zealand.

Thanks
Andy

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
can only join the rest and say thankyou to swift, yes i have read the post about getting fed up of people praising for bad workmanship in the first place and also the reply from andy the swift member, re mt condensation problem ... have been in touch with swift today and spoke to a VERY HELPFUL lady called Carol Leslie who has booked in my motorhome to have the work done, they are going to pick it up from lowdham for me, do all the work and sort out the problems, they have told me how it has occured and what they are going to do ,although i am going to be without my motorhome for about three weeks:cry: nothing seems to be too much trouble and they are very willing to work around dates etc,
will let you know how i go on but due to forthcoming trips it is not booked in until after easter. thankyou andy and claire for all your help and it looks as if when things do go wrong that swift are willing to sort the problem out with no fuss or hassle.
THANKYOU.
paulus the woodgnome

OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Yes they could, they could have done the job properly in the first place. I can't work out how *some* vans would need added insulation, it's either properly insulated or not in these two cases from a small forum.

Time and time again I read of Swift "doing a good job" but it's costing them a fortune and some inconvenience to their customers. This pathetic country needs them and needs them exporting so I do hope they are learning their lessons on basic design and QA.

Good point that...

(it's either properly insulated or not in these two cases from a small forum.):RollEyes:

mines is due in for repair nxt month, the swift letter says it could be upto three weeks , :Eeek:whether thats a standard letter or not i will keep you informed.

Pete.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I dont own and have never owned a European built motorhome (im a huge RV fan) but having read this and other threads regarding Swifts aftersales service i would seriously consider buying a Swift if i ever went off RVs.

I can honestly say i cant think of another manufacturer who so openly deals with problems after they have had your money.

Andy and the rest of the folks at Swift deserve a pat on the back for dealing with these problems so openly and to customers satisfaction, it really is a breath of fresh air in these times of doom and gloom and pathetic after sales service we now accept as the "Norm"

Lets hope the other manufacturers sit up and take notice.......its about time they did:thumb:

OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
:ROFLMAO:
I dont own and have never owned a European built motorhome (im a huge RV fan) but having read this and other threads regarding Swifts aftersales service i would seriously consider buying a Swift if i ever went off RVs.

I can honestly say i cant think of another manufacturer who so openly deals with problems after they have had your money.

Andy and the rest of the folks at Swift deserve a pat on the back for dealing with these problems so openly and to customers satisfaction, it really is a breath of fresh air in these times of doom and gloom and pathetic after sales service we now accept as the "Norm"

Lets hope the other manufacturers sit up and take notice.......its about time they did:thumb:

True, after all they are they masters of their own destiny... the proof is in the pudding as it where' Like most things these days you really find out how good or bad the service/back up is when you have to use it, bit like insurance policies :Eeek: when you put the dreaded claim in.:ROFLMAO:sometimes easy sometimes difficult.:shout:

Can't comment any more will wait for it to be sorted' but I have no reason to suspect anything other than top class service from SWIFT.

Pete.

PS your not dazzer with the xt660 are you. ??

OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Peter,

Regards
Andy

As I now have my van rtn'd from Swift , just curious Andy did you ever get to find out what had been done to my van or not ??

I've been told that the roof pod has been replaced, as a result of the condensation problem and has also had the "floor repaired" ?? :Confused: even more curious about that one.
So any further info you have I would be interested in.

Pete.

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Peter,
I will have a look into what was done,
Thanks
Andy

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
As I now have my van rtn'd from Swift , just curious Andy did you ever get to find out what had been done to my van or not ??
I've been told that the roof pod has been replaced, as a result of the condensation problem and has also had the "floor repaired" ?? :Confused: even more curious about that one.
So any further info you have I would be interested in.
Pete.

The roof pod will have been fully insulated to prevent condensation forming on it due to the outside air temperature being colder than the van's interior air temperature which can form condensation.

The floor repair will have been to rectify any water ingress that may have occured and seal the inside beneath the outside skirt.

Shows Swift's thoroughness in after sales

Peter

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
..... I think what's important is that we do face up to these issues when they go wrong and try and put them right as quickly as possible.

But, we are not complacent and we do listen ....
Andy

Excellent, customer service beyond par!

Thanks Andy!

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Morning Peter,

I've had a look at the "job card" for your vehicle, and can confirm the as well as the fix to the luton area, because of the condensation, and fixing these issues (i.e. checking external seals, repapering roof area, re-vinyling inside the lockers and re-sealing end-caps), it was noticed that the N/S/F corner of the floor was suffering from damp (40%). Therefore, this area was also repaired.

Reading the full list, it seems some work was also carried out on your washroom and exterior aluminum on the N/S.

A full system check was also performed.

I hope that helps.

Ash

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back