Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Hi,i also have a swift prouduct.When i first got the motorhome i noticed a crack in the gel coat.Fixed at swift where they also changed the hab door,had not noticed a problem but there the experts.
Got another crack in the gel coat and i had to take back to dealer and swift sent someone out to repair.Then had a problem with new hab door,swift sent someone out who could not fix it and said it needs a new door.A few weeks later and i had a phone call saying they had no record of a hab check.I had had one done at home but paid cash not to worried about paperwork so that really is my fault.
My issue is that having paid close on 60grand for a van surely they should replace door weather it has had a hab check or not.As far as i am aware there was no check on the door during hab check anyway.
For me there were that many things i wasent happy with,things not fitted correctly like window blind covers,very poor mastic application around all external window and door frames,screws loose,basin fitted poorly and very loose,bed slates loose,screws fitted in ply so thin there is no way they are going to stay inplace on something designed to travel in.
My dealer was a waste of time and hull is not that close.
Luckily i have been in the building trade all my life and covered practically every trade so i did not have a problem fixing or improving on there design but it could have been a nightmare for anyone without any diy skill.
If you buy a new car at a fraction of the cost you dont get these problems.I admit i love my motorhome(ask my wife and kids)but to say dealing with all these issues is very time consuming and a nightmare is putting it mildly.Have tried to email andy but it will not send.
Am at present having a nightmare with fiat,van been off road for over 8 weeks so missed easter and last bank holiday and likely to miss this next one. Dave

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Andy,have tried e mail but it will not send.My mobile is 07970 047936
Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Morning Peter,

I've had a look at the "job card" for your vehicle, and can confirm the as well as the fix to the luton area, because of the condensation, and fixing these issues (i.e. checking external seals, repapering roof area, re-vinyling inside the lockers and re-sealing end-caps), it was noticed that the N/S/F corner of the floor was suffering from damp (40%). Therefore, this area was also repaired.

Reading the full list, it seems some work was also carried out on your washroom and exterior aluminum on the N/S.

A full system check was also performed.

I hope that helps.

Ash

Good morning Andy / Ash, I assume your one of the same. thanks for your swift reply.

( it was noticed that the N/S/F corner of the floor was suffering from damp (40%). Therefore, this area was also repaired.)

I thought I just had a condensation problem, 40% damp in the floor even though no damp showed up on my hab check and damp test at Johns Cross not to long ago good job you spotted that one.

(Reading the full list, it seems some work was also carried out on your washroom and exterior aluminum on the N/S.)

You seem to have spotted other things, but you are the experts.
What I will be asking for and insisting on will be a copy of the " full list" of the work carried out. Which should'nt be a problem should it.

pete.

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Peter,

Sorry for the delay, I've only just caught up with this post.

Andy and I are very different people, and most people suggest that I am better looking! :ROFLMAO:

No problem with sending you a full report of the work done on your vehicle, I'll arrange this first thing in the morning.

I hope that helps.

Ash

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back