Condensation Hopefully "Just Checking" (4 Viewers)

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
So if you haven't seen my thread we headed out for some wild camping Friday night the thing is we left the MH parked for two weeks Blinds Down.

Pre-set of on Friday I fired up the fire before we set off & used the cab heater to heat the van for 3-4hrs, when we parked we set the bed up & closed the blinds & noticed one Blind was rather wet inside, this resulted in us checking the walls having had a leak early on in march to find some wall mashaping we could NOT find none.

It has proven to be dry so Hopefully its just some condensation forming on the blind surface & im just wondering if this is normal.

Yes yes yes we don't own a Damp Meter & im fully aware of the precautions of not owniing such a device & our warranty has not yet run out either.

I just want to know if anybody else has experienced this as it was only on one blind.

Thanks in Advance.

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Hi,Am i right in thinking that you have no external screen cover,if not you will get inside damp on the windscreen,and you should have no damp at all,otherwise all inside the dashboard as the water drips down will cause you lots of problems,regards H.:(

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We get that problem on the blind over the bed, but it does have to be very cold outside.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We get that problem on the blind over the bed, but it does have to be very cold outside.

well in those two weeks the temp did drop at least twice to frosty like scrape the screen frosty if that helps.............

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi,Am i right in thinking that you have no external screen cover,if not you will get inside damp on the windscreen,and you should have no damp at all,otherwise all inside the dashboard as the water drips down will cause you lots of problems,regards H.:(

Its parked normally on the road @ home & not n use @ this point otherwise yes there is damp inside the FRONT SCREENS when we use the CURTAINS but NOT when we use the EXTERNAL SCREEN.

Hope this hepls & NO the das has not been soaked...................

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not on the REAR BLINDS................

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I cant really see how the blinds or a blind would get damp, do you have a skylight open a crack and a couple of windows open a crack when you are using it overnight as well. We create a lot of moisture living in a tin box and it has to go somewhere.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We had moisture found on one blind during the last hab service. It turned out that there was a crack in the sealant round the window which was enough to let a little rain in. Not a difficult or costly repair but could have been worse if it hadn't been caught so worth checking if it is that.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
We had moisture found on one blind during the last hab service. It turned out that there was a crack in the sealant round the window which was enough to let a little rain in. Not a difficult or costly repair but could have been worse if it hadn't been caught so worth checking if it is that.

That`s why I asked if it was just one window...

That would have been my next suggestion. (Serious head on. :))

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
yes just the one window so I will be keeping an eye on it & ill go open & close the window later.

Im considering re-sealing all the windows next year...

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I would seriously give that window a good looking at.. (y)

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back