LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Spotted this revered plonk (@canopus) in an unusual location.

Conde rose! (May not be same product 'as seen in Lidl'.

Approx price £5 in full view in 1st pic. Bottom l/h corner in 2nd pic.

What sort of salubrious/dodgy/questionable location were these pics taken? On what continent?

Cheers!

20170125_124224.jpg
20170125_124229.jpg

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
From the writing on the wall, somewhere English speaking, but not UK otherwise it wouldn't be much of a conundrum. Perhaps some place warm and where you could source a bottle of Boekenhoutskloof locally ? ;)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
BREXIT!!!! DOH. Now Conde Noble vinho Tinto will quadruple in price....... Where will it end!:cry::cry::cry:.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
Dazzlin

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
From the writing on the wall, somewhere English speaking. Perhaps some place warm and where you could source a bottle of Boekenhoutskloof locally ? ;)

Spot on. At 36° it is certainly warm. We picked the best year to avoid spanish snow!

After visiting nearly 20 wineries for tastings and stocking up on a good selection of (higher quality than our usual!) local wines for the rest of our trip, we were browsing the cellar of a local wine merchant in Franschhoek, one of the Capetown wine regions of South Africa and the same town that produces Boekenhoutskloof.

Not convinced it is the same grape variety as the infamous Lidl Conde Noble, but couldn't resist the opportunity to big-up the much mocked bricks!

OP
OP
Dazzlin

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Too hot, we're not used to it. Used to 16-20° of english summer/moroccan winter.

But we will put up with it. Will have to drink more white wine.

Heading down towards the coast after a couple of weeks in Stellenbosch. Where are you based?

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Too hot, we're not used to it. Used to 16-20° of english summer/moroccan winter.

But we will put up with it. Will have to drink more white wine.

Heading down towards the coast after a couple of weeks in Stellenbosch. Where are you based?

Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth - about 500km east of you. Our usual winter spot.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Sounds great @Dazzlin are you doing addo? if you can get a hut overlooking the waterhole its fascinating - elephants social life up close.

Hope you have a great time. We re flying this year (NZ) see you both in Morroco with a load of conde nasty next year? Jon & sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Spot on. At 36° it is certainly warm. We picked the best year to avoid spanish snow!

After visiting nearly 20 wineries for tastings and stocking up on a good selection of (higher quality than our usual!) local wines for the rest of our trip, we were browsing the cellar of a local wine merchant in Franschhoek, one of the Capetown wine regions of South Africa and the same town that produces Boekenhoutskloof.

Not convinced it is the same grape variety as the infamous Lidl Conde Noble, but couldn't resist the opportunity to big-up the much mocked bricks!
Sounds excellent, thanks for the update.

I'm a bit embarrassed to ask, but how many bottles make up first prize for solving the conundrum :wine::rofl:

OP
OP
Dazzlin

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Sounds great @Dazzlin are you doing addo? if you can get a hut overlooking the waterhole its fascinating - elephants social life up close.

Hope you have a great time. We re flying this year (NZ) see you both in Morroco with a load of conde nasty next year? Jon & sue

Looked at loads round Addo and finally picked a farm between Addo and Scotia game parks. Booked 3 nights to do both parks and lodgings hold a campfire every night. Will try and start beer o'clock!!!!

Will let you know how it goes.

May have to upgrade in maroc from conde (sigh), after buying enough in one week (20 wine tastings in Franschhoek) to keep us going 'til we get back to Capetown. Now have another 2 weeks in Stellenbosch being led astray by my Dad and WSM (wicked step mother). Waistbands are starting to suffer!!!!

A lot of fine dining to be had for very reasonable (even for us) prices.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dazzlin

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Sounds excellent, thanks for the update.

I'm a bit embarrassed to ask, but how many bottles make up first prize for solving the conundrum :wine::rofl:

As many bricks of Conde as you can stomach in 1 hour or 1 bottle of other SA origin if we have any aboard (low chance).

Was it knowledge that won you the game or a good zoom on the pic?

I had no idea a week ago. Now I have a mass of knowledge I cannot remember!!

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
As many bricks of Conde as you can stomach in 1 hour or 1 bottle of other SA origin if we have any aboard (low chance).

Was it knowledge that won you the game or a good zoom on the pic?

I had no idea a week ago. Now I have a mass of knowledge I cannot remember!!
I'm a good guesser ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back